+1

Differences between the 230hp and 300hp ACE engine

What would it take to get the 230 version of the 1630 ACE to 300 range? Are the cranks still different, injectors, charger wheel? Is there a MapTuner option to just flash the ECU and squeeze safe HP from a detuned production ECU?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Yeah I saw your earlier reply to a similar post back in 2019. Thanks again for the non-help.

I would check out a parts catalogue and compare PN across motors.

Quick look the Injectors, Crank and Rods are the same.

Pistons are different.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/se...ft-and-pistons

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    I would check out a parts catalogue and compare PN across motors.

Quick look the Injectors, Crank and Rods are the same.

Pistons are different.

Thanks...I'll do that!

I saw one of these at the lake last weekend, they're cool looking! You could start by cross referencing the parts on sea-doo's parts website, I may be stating the obvious here, usually the differences in HP are things like external intercooler, different supercharger, tune, etc.

+1
    Doing a 300 conversion would be a bit of work, off the top of my head the big differences: ECU tune, camshaft, PTO oil return drain for SC, supercharger, flywheel, intercooler.

Simplest option to add some noticeable power would be a 137+4 drop-in supercharger wheel upgrade and a tune. VT1100 injectors might be a good idea as well, not sure how good the 230 intercoolers are these days.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Doing a 300 conversion would be a bit of work, off the top of my head the big differences: ECU tune, camshaft, PTO oil return drain for SC, supercharger, flywheel, intercooler.

Simplest option to add some noticeable power would be a 137+4 drop-in supercharger wheel upgrade and a tune. VT1100 injectors might be a good idea as well, not sure how good the 230 intercoolers are these days.
    Makes sense. I’ve had a couple 300’s (PX and TX) and never knew or cared about the difference then. The 230 is max HP on these boats for now. While I don’t want to duplicate the 300 engine, I just assumed with all the 230 ho PWC out there that there’s a simple tune or easy mod to free up some more “umph!” They make a 100hp version that is way underpowered and there’s a tune for MaptunerX that gets you 70hp without any other mods. I was secretly hoping that there was a tune to get at least 50 more ponies that justifies the $1K mapper and tune.

+1
    Makes sense. I’ve had a couple 300’s (PX and TX) and never knew or cared about the difference then. The 230 is max HP on these boats for now. While I don’t want to duplicate the 300 engine, I just assumed with all the 230 ho PWC out there that there’s a simple tune or easy mod to free up some more “umph!” They make a 100hp version that is way underpowered and there’s a tune for MaptunerX that gets you 70hp without any other mods. I was secretly hoping that there was a tune to get at least 50 more ponies that justifies the $1K mapper and tune.
    Doesn't look like it. You might see more performance regardless with a tune if available. (don't toons have cats)

How do you like it overall?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    Doesn't look like it. You might see more performance regardless with a tune if available. (don't toons have cats)

How do you like it overall?
    I need to update my info to not say I have a ‘22 Switch. Opted to give up my spot for a ‘22 and get in line for ‘23 so next year. I saw one in showroom (one I originally ordered) and it is pretty cool. For my family and use it’s perfect. The reality is you have to be realistic and not expect the same performance as a PWC, obviously. But I’ve also seen and been on many underpowered pontoon of this size and the while this may appear cheaper in build quality to some, the Switch has the horsepower and tri-toon you’d spend twice as much in another brand, and the advantage of the jet and brake for low speed maneuvering and docking that others don’t. As for the plastic and non-luxury upholstery, that’s perfect for my family, dog, and won’t stress over a Nick here or there.

+1
    I need to update my info to not say I have a ‘22 Switch. Opted to give up my spot for a ‘22 and get in line for ‘23 so next year. I saw one in showroom (one I originally ordered) and it is pretty cool. For my family and use it’s perfect. The reality is you have to be realistic and not expect the same performance as a PWC, obviously. But I’ve also seen and been on many underpowered pontoon of this size and the while this may appear cheaper in build quality to some, the Switch has the horsepower and tri-toon you’d spend twice as much in another brand, and the advantage of the jet and brake for low speed maneuvering and docking that others don’t. As for the plastic and non-luxury upholstery, that’s perfect for my family, dog, and won’t stress over a Nick here or there.
    I totally get it. My wife hated them though for the reasons you said. (plastic/cheap)

We will keep our 212x until we figure out what we want to do as kids leave the nest.

Thread Information