Just can't figure it out.......No start, continuous crank.

The 2 skis are Kawa Jet Ski 2007 stx-12f.

Thank you in advance for any help. I made a promise to the niece that I would get these going, and so far it has taken me 2 years to fix these. They are owned by my mother, and our small little awkward family of three generations would like to use them. I am pretty amateur with working on engines in general but know the basics (I'm more of a computer builder), so please forgive any ignorance. I have learned a bit about these skis from this awesome forum and have looked over the various sticked posts, and I have also went through Sean's troubleshooting list. The problem seems to be with the injectors.....

Anyway, after sitting for a bit the fuel pump housing rusted and got destroyed, I pulled that, cleaned it (cleaned all the gunk from the tanks), and rebuilt it with a new sending unit. I put it all back together and the pump has pressure and fuel is going through the lines. After this repair I am trying to start the skis and am just getting a really healthy sounding crank over and over and over, but no go. Per a post, I pulled the fuel rail off and tried to crank it a few times and am getting NO fuel spraying from any blue injector. This is the case for both skis. The fact that both are having this problem is making me very afraid of spending money on new parts.

At this point I am really out of ideas and would appreciate any help. I will post a video once daylight hours come along.

I am really weary about buying new injectors, my mother and I have spent a good grand on these trying to get em going (new pump sending units, new batteries, oil, oil siphon pump) and would like to have some better answers before spending money on stuff that is working on the skiis.
    Last edited by WillTaleteller; 08-09-2022 at 10:45 PM.

+1
    It would really help to know what model and year 'Ski you're working on. They ARE different.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    If they are not spraying, check for electrical signals going to the plugs with a test light. If you get a signal, the injectors are toast, if not check the harness for corrosion.

Post back once you get those tests done.

Also, don't try and spray test the injectors like that. When the injectors are not held in place by the manifold and fuel rail they will pop out and blow fuel all over the place.

Sean

Thank you for the responses and I apologize I thought the Jet Ski models would show in my side profile, they are 2007 Kawasaki Jet Ski stx-12f.

Sean, thank you very much for the suggestions, I will try them and get back. Also thank you for correcting my potentially fuel covered error ha ha.

+1
    That model has a high pressure filter in addition to the sock on the pump. It is a black cylindrical part underneath the glove box. P/N 49019-3721.

Ok did some work the last couple days, per Sean's direction I tested the injector harness connectors with a light and they are pulsing! I also checked the ignition coils (i think that is what they are called, the wires that attach to the spark plugs) and they are working as well. I am leaning towards/pretty sure it is the injectors at this point. It would make sense because the filter and pump were shot, perhaps some of that gunky gas got into them, or was in them and went bad. It is just hard for me to believe ALL 4 injectors in both skis are bad. I took them off and put a current to them, no clicks or anything.

+1
    Be careful when doing that, and make sure you have a service manual. The injectors work on less than 12v. You don't want to fry them.

I had some that were clogged and I was able to clean them with lacquer thinner.

Thread Information