Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    I'll do it! I love Abom79 and have watched a number of his videos, but I guess I missed that one. I even bought a Gould & Eberhardt shaper! (He's got several videos of his).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TMiller View Post
    What is the I.D. on the wear ring at the front ? I would measure but do not have any more 150 pumps

It has a 130mm inside diameter at the front. The aluminum case is approx 132mm inside diameter. Maybe a steel block with a 1mm lip that matches the radius could be fabricated to press the ring out...The tabs in the aluminum case that lock the ring in could be drilled out...

+1

Here's some pics of the liner/pump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3604.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	486722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3603.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	486721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3605.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	486723  

+1
    I would imagine someone skilled with a slip roll machine can make this cone shape part. Then it would be a matter if fitting the stainless piece in there nice and tight(a few thous bigger) and tig weld up the seam. Grind/sand it smooth.
    T.J.

+1
    Its not just a taper, it's straight on both ends and tapered in the middle.

I've been researching the spray metal technique and it looks like the housing is probably too thin for the heat required. That leads me to think that building up epoxy or other industrial coatings, then machining it in a lathe might be feasible.

I've decided to put a large water tank on one of my trailers to take to the lake for flushing. I don't know if flushing will really help with the jet pumps, but it should help with engines and exhaust systems. I need to figure out what kind of water to use; distilled, de-mineralized, de-ionized, RO, etc. Also have to find a source for it. Nothing is easy...

At least I got my 150 pump swapped with my project 'Ski. I'll be back in business as soon as my welder has time to finish fixing my expansion chamber.

If this is your first liner after all these years your doing good. So many or these machines i have pulled these pumps to find what your explaining kawi and yamaha, i dont mess with that seadoo garbage. Just fine a replacement and move on extremely common

+1
    Oh, no, not my first. I started looking for a spare or two a couple of years ago when I realized that they were getting scarce and no luck.

+1

Here's a theory to get the sleeve out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4227.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	488866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4224.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	488867  

+1
    I was thinking epoxy liner too. It's not going to be as durable but you could make a mold and making them would be pretty easy after you get the mold made. A very rough idea would be to remove the liner, fill the cone with foam, get the foam out, then use that as your mold by epoxying over the foam you pulled out.

Epoxy is soft enough to be able to be sanded to fit, you could easily get it close with some 80 grit sandpaper. But it's harder than those plastic liners they were selling. I spent a lot of time working with epoxy because I'm making a js550/760 yamaha conversion ski and reinforced the hull, a lot. It takes forever to cure and it's kind of a pain to work with compared to polyester resin but the end result is a lot stronger.

+1
    I drilled out the two 'retaining pins' that secure the liner into the housing. It didn't fall out. I guess I'm going to have to get some steel plate and turn it on the lathe to make it fit, then try to press it out.

I'm thinking about trying to heat the assembly and applying ice to the liner to shrink it. Wish I had more time to work on it...

Actually, I have been working on the 150. My water pipe got a pinhole in it and I brought it home to get it welded. I decided to make a new water manifold, which was last week's project. More about that after I take it for a test drive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information