no oil on dipstick even after running engine for a minute

I got a low oil alarm last time I was on the jetski after I jumped a wave and when i got home after flushing it I checked the dipstick and there was literally not a drop on it i bought the jetski at 30 hours and put 20 on ive seen online it shouldn't need an oil change till 100 first jetski don't really know what to do any help would be appreciated

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Prior to the Low Oil warning and subsequent dipstick check, when was the oil level last checked?

Did you follow the oil level check procedure per the Owner's Manual?

yes I followed the correct oil checking and I haven't checked the oil since I bought it so minimum 20 hours ago

+1
    Is there oil laying in the bilge? I know it's hard to look on a Spark because the top deck blocks access. It is very hard to get a consistent and accurate level indication on the dipstick on these Rotax engines. The procedure I use on my RXT and GTR-X is:

1) check it after a ride so the oil is hot, idle it on the hose for about one minute
    2) wait a minute and check the dipstick
    3) the level just has to be between the bends-don't try to fill it to the top bend
    4) add only a few ounces at a time if needed and run the engine again after each addition to establish a new level

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macjonskt View Post
    I got a low oil alarm last time I was on the jetski after I jumped a wave and when i got home after flushing it I checked the dipstick and there was literally not a drop on it i bought the jetski at 30 hours and put 20 on ive seen online it shouldn't need an oil change till 100 first jetski don't really know what to do any help would be appreciated
    I don’t know anyone that would let any engine go 100 hours before they changed the oil and filter (but then, I’ve never met any BRO engineers so …!)

Anyhoo, were it me (and it was, I’ve been there) I’d use this as an opportunity to learn how to do my own oil change, pop that top half of the deck off, get you an oil suction pump, pump all the oil you can out of that sucker, MEASURE precisely how much you pumped out (I bought a big 1-gallon measuring cup from a local livestock store for these purposes - it is graduated clearly in both oz and ml - and then subtract that from how much oil the manual says the total engine oil capacity is.

I would then “sneak up” on putting the amount of new oil the manual calls for in, checking the dipstick frequently and then starting it and letting it run on the hose a minute or so and rechecking and adding until I get the oil level between those two marks on the dipstick …

Do you know if the oil filter was ever changed after the break-in? If not, I’d change the oil filter as well.

Here is a video on how to remove that top deck:

Here is a video on how to change the oil and filter:

+1
    Try again …

+1
    Last try:

+1
    I've never removed the deck to change the oil and filter on the TRIXX. That doesn't mean the filter was easy!

Yea you don’t need to remove the top deck to change the oil…. But I would want to go see if there is any in your hull.. your ski shouldn’t go through oil like that.. I would keep an eye on it

Thread Information