+1

What next? Don't say retainers, LOL.

My current set up is a 2021 GP1800R SVHO with mods listed at the bottom. In the best of the conditions I can get 85mph 60* water, 60* air, "don't know rpm as I didn't have a PET at the time" which is good but not how I ride. 90% of my riding is in the summer with 80* water and 80*+ air temps. This being said I can get 82mph in true summer heat, 75* water, 85* air. 8500rpm 13lbs boost but drops down a bit to 80+/-mph if I'm hard on it. This takes my rpm to about 8300. I feel like with my mods I should be running faster but I'd say thats from my 13/20 and not wanting to do retainers.

My question is since my summer rpm's are not close to the unsafe range, should I swap to a 13/18 and do a Lucky 13 cone to dial the rpm's down or am I asking for my RPM's to be in the unsafe range? Should I try the stage 2 agr tune?

My goal is to break the 90mph mark. Eventually I will do the valve retainer upgrade but for now I hate to break open my new ski. If I could run consistent mid 80's in summer heat without retainers I would be happy.

Let me know what you think! Thank you.

Riva intake, exhaust, ribbon delete, stage 2 tune, 13/20, intake breather, Riva ride plate.
    Riva intercooler with blow off valve and cooling kit upgrade, full tank of full, 180lbs rider, PET rpm gauge and boost gauge. Max rpm 8500.

+1
    Anyone?

+1
    Supercharger wheel upgrade.

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    So 85 air 75 water and you are on the limiter 82 mph at 8500 rpm until hot then ~80 mph at 8300 rpm? You could have Jesus raise limiter to 8650 or 8700 rpm and do Lucky 13 cone and bend prop to desired rpm.

Dean's Team says on their FX SVHO starter kit.

• Rev limiter set at 8,750 RPM’s to ensure reliability
    Greenhulk Jr. has said,""I run the 8800 RPM tune with no titanium retainers. The stock valvetrain is good for 8700 RPMs so I pitched the impeller for the engine to turn around 8600 RPMs. In rough conditions where the pump comes unhooked I just left off the throttle to be safe."

I spoke with Glen at Impros about a month ago and he stated it was above 8700 rpm before you start to see issues.

Can align and reseal transom and intake grate to align pump for max efficiency if not done yet. Can fill in intake grate bolt holes and even ride plate bolt holes to lessen drag with jb weld epoxy putty. I have wrapped intake grate bolts with nylon rope and done this with intake grate but ride plates come off for pump work too much. It all seems like a lot of work to do now to get 2-4 mph running on edge when you have plans to do retainers down the road and chase 90+ mph anyways. IMO do retainers and spin it up now or enjoy it as is until the offseason. Enjoy!

+1
    You need a 13/18 impeller for it. Thats pretty much standard when turning the high RPM's.

+1
    If you won't do the retainers, then just leave it alone.

+1
    Does anyone know the approximate cost to have a quality shop install retainers in an SVHO? I am considering making my ski stage 2 after the summer is over but not sure I want to install the retainers myself.

+1
    Since I have no time to work on my ski I took it to a shop. They did the impeller a solas 13/18, Fizzle intecooler, Riva pro cooling kit, Riva retainers, ribbon delete, Riva power filter and replace the ECU with a flashed one. I supplied all the parts and they charged me around $800.

Thread Information