Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Any HP Tuner users out there?

I recently bought a low hour RXP and have been looking for tuning options. I am just realizing that HP Tuners can tune BRP products. I have been tuning with HP Tuners for years in the auto racing world. HP Tuners is very user friendly and has some awesome data logging capabilities. I am pumped to know I can tune and data log on my ski now. I will start the testing next week as soon as my adaptor cable comes in.

Anyone else tuning with HP Tuners? It would be great to able to share tune files and advise on this tuning platform.

+1
    You won't see any gains if you don't upgrade engine components.. A stock engine is already tuned... You can increase the RPM limiter where speed is limited by law..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    You won't see any gains if you don't upgrade engine components.. A stock engine is already tuned... You can increase the RPM limiter where speed is limited by law..
    That is hard to believe when normally a factory tune is very conservative. Like I said I have been tuning race cars for years and can make any bone stock GM car or truck faster. Yes, obviously a simple intake and exhaust will help with the tune. But like I said the stock spark tables are conservative (especially on boosted applications) and there is room for improvement and making the engine more efficient and that leads to more horsepower.

Either way I will update as I do my testing from bone stock then after I add a RIVA intake and exhaust.

+1
    Which RXP are you tuning? There has been a bunch of them some respond better to tuning than others: 155, 215, 255, 260, 300

As far as HP Tuners option they are pretty late to the game so most people are using more established tuning offers.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Which RXP are you tuning? There has been a bunch of them some respond better to tuning than others: 155, 215, 255, 260, 300

As far as HP Tuners option they are pretty late to the game so most people are using more established tuning offers.
    I will be tuning a 2018 RXP 300. And I know everyone is using Maptunersx but I didn't see the need in buying another $1000 tuning platform when I already have HP Tuners and know how to use it. Plus the credits are way cheaper. I am excited to pull the tune file and start working on it. If its anything like the tunes I am use to it should be straight pretty straight forward.

Talking with a guy on the phone earlier when I ordered my HP Tuners adaptor cable he was saying the Sea-Doo stock tunes are very conservative past 70% throttle.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Keep us Posted

+1
    Ok, on a 300 you can get some nice gains with no extra parts, upper 70s on GPS depending on how much timing you're willing to throw at it.

Exhaust is just for sound so if that's what you're after ok but don't expect to see performance gains. Intake will help.

Post some screen shots of the software and editable stuff when you get it up and running.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Ok, on a 300 you can get some nice gains with no extra parts, upper 70s on GPS depending on how much timing you're willing to throw at it.

Exhaust is just for sound so if that's what you're after ok but don't expect to see performance gains. Intake will help.

Post some screen shots of the software and editable stuff when you get it up and running.
    Will do! Since I posted this I have been reading on the HP Tuners forum and there isn't a lot of info on there, most guys are like me, car tuners trying to figure it out but I will definitely keep you guys posted!

+1
    Let us know how many hours you get out the engine as well, afterwards.. Its not a car engine..

+1
    As you can see you'll quickly learn who to ignore on this forum.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information