Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    This thread should be in the seadoo tuning section.. You haven't mentioned anything about HP tuner? Its the woman's agreement..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagedup View Post
    Lol thanks again for another positive response. Its unreal how I have to justify every post on here. Another reason why I left racing forums years ago. I come back because I am new to ski's and its the same ole type of people.

I don't need tuning help from HP Tuners. I get exclusive tuning help from another company because I have been through several of their tuning classes and yes they are working on this platform of ECM.

I will make HP Tuners work on my RXP 300. Period... so stay "tuned"!
    I am very interested in the HP tuners platform as well, I've also used it for tuning cars for years and I am excited to see the possibilities this may bring. I have used the Maptunner x editing software and I can tell you that there are not many tables open for calibrations. Pretty much you have fueling adjustment, timing, injector scaling and rpm limiter adjustments thats really about it other than maybe being able to adjust how the sport mode puts out. I still have to upgrade my MVPI to the new MVPI2+ so that I can access the BRP ecu's but I'm planning on using it on my new RXTX

+1
    Very interesting. Whatís required for hardware? Just a cable to plug into the ski obd? Last time my truck got dynoed I had been going through tuning my px so I talked with him about the process and he wanted to try tuning a ski. If itís easy enough for him to use what he already has for the cars this will be awesome for him.

Hp tuners has a new interface called the MPV2, the older interface is the MPV1.. you need a adapter cable they sell that goes from the OBD2 port to the 6 pin BRP port.. not sure if you can use that adapter on the MPV1 though

have you gotten your gear? I have been having issues getting to read the ski... I maybe doing the wrong sequence or even using the wrong version of the software.. apparently you need to use the BETA version and ( i doubt) but heard the laptop has to have internet at the time of the read.. I don't think that's true... but...

my other issue is that I haven't made room in garage to bring the ski in.. and having to go to where is stored is a bit of a hassle at the moment to keep trying.

+1
    Will do! Since I posted this I have been reading on the HP Tuners forum and there isn't a lot of info on there, most guys are like me, car tuners trying to figure it out but I will definitely keep you guys posted!
    Haha! Ainít that the truth! A gas engine is a gas engine. They are all nothing more than a air pump! The more efficient you get air in and out the more hp it makes. I donít care is itís in a car, boat or lawnmower.
    Thanks man! I look forward to the challenge and maybe I can help someone along the way.

Iím not a Engineering Manager for one of the biggest automotive companies in the world because I shy away from a challenge

Good luck with HP Tuner. Of course you can make it work, BUT, keep in mind your tuning environment is water and much higher loads and RPM.

+1
    must use the beta version..
    must have an internet connection to read the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Good luck with HP Tuner. Of course you can make it work, BUT, keep in mind your tuning environment is water and much higher loads and RPM.

We're doing all of our tuning on the water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by safado View Post
    Hp tuners has a new interface called the MPV2, the older interface is the MPV1.. you need a adapter cable they sell that goes from the OBD2 port to the 6 pin BRP port.. not sure if you can use that adapter on the MPV1 though
    You cannot, have to use the new MPV2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information