Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riva stage 1+ Tune running lean? 2021 GP1800 SVHO

Couple random questions…

Riva 1+ (13/20 imp. / air intake / enlarged 4 way / IMUK / did not enlarge Oil cooler 3 way / did not do engine breather )

So took It out a couple times 2 weeks ago (things a beast love It) both times water ~55 air ~75. Ran fine low 80s (on dash).

Took It out yesterday water ~70 air ~95 and every once in a while I’d get a good whiff of “lean”. At first I thought It was just other people but It happened quite a bit throughout the day, so the question, does the Riva 1+ kit intentionally run lean????

Also, battery was “dead” yesterday, registering around 11.3v on dash. Any idea why / if there could be a power draw somewhere for some reason? Or maybe the battery just lost a cell in 1 year?

Thanks As Always!
    -E
    Last edited by K447; 05-22-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What are you smelling, exactly?

+1
    Curious what lean is smell

I wonder if they meant "rich" as in gas smell.

+1
    If you are running the stock battery with the refillable cells. Just replace it with a solid AGM battery. I never liked those open cell batteries. Just my opinion. And if you are smelling fuel, it’s running rich not lean.

Maybe “lean” was an incorrect descriptor, It smells like a NASCAR race, not really gassy, it smells like burnt 98 E15…best way I can describe It. Maybe nothing is wrong and I’m just paranoid, but my girl on the back even asked..”is that smell us”?

Quote Originally Posted by K7fxho View Post
    If you are running the stock battery with the refillable cells. Just replace it with a solid AGM battery. I never liked those open cell batteries. Just my opinion. And if you are smelling fuel, it’s running rich not lean.
    Did just that, can’t believe It didn’t last a full year!

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Kern View Post
    Did just that, can’t believe It didn’t last a full year!
    What was the off season battery care like? I charge once a month when machines not in use. Also do you have the audio system? It has shown to have parasitic draw and I would add a switch on it by battery so can disconnect from GP when not being used.

Not sure what you are smelling, wouldn't hurt to tighten up connections on exhaust to make sure don't have a leak. Also there is a recall on fuel filler so make sure don't have a fuel leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
    What was the off season battery care like? I charge once a month when machines not in use. Also do you have the audio system? It has shown to have parasitic draw and I would add a switch on it by battery so can disconnect from GP when not being used.

Not sure what you are smelling, wouldn't hurt to tighten up connections on exhaust to make sure don't have a leak. Also there is a recall on fuel filler so make sure don't have a fuel leak.
    So pulled the battery at the end of the season, leave It in my closet. Trickle charged It to full before the first ride, no issue, second ride a week later no issue, third ride yesterday, 11.3volts. I do have the audio system as well.

As for the smell, first time was yesterday, will definitely check the connections as that could explain It for sure. Didn’t do the recall yet for the fuel filler, doesn’t smell like raw gasoline tho.

Some '21 FX SVHO and maybe other machines have a potential leak of fuel on top of the tank from a twisted O-ring. Maybe yours does also. Saw a video from Watercraft Journal about that and the fuel neck filler recall. I don't think The O-ring leak is an official recall though. The suggestion is to look for leak down the rear side of the tank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information