+1

‘22 GP1800 SVHO died randomly after wave jump… then fine?

Second day out on the GP, last one was break-in day. Had about 4 hours at the start of today, first day out with RIVA stage 1+ installed and tune. Day went fine (2.5 hours riding in Virginia Beach) and as we were taking the last turn towards the no wake zone, throttled over a wave, maybe 2 feet of air (always feather throttle down before leaving the surface), landed (fairly soft, not slammed, no throttle) and Waverunner just died. Radio and all. Wasn’t going more than 10-15mph when I launched.

Took two attempts to start it, idled fine when she did and no codes or check engine alarm. Shut it down, opened the seats, tiny amount of water inside the rear (same as last time), power filter seated properly both ends, couldn’t find anything wrong. Took her back to the ramp, no issues, started right up during ramp hose flushing and after I got home for salt away flush.

Battery terminals (w/ audio and battery tender pigtails) all snug and she’s sitting around 5/8 of a tank of gas (93 octane). Ideas?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Any chance you accidentally pressed on the Stop button during that small wave jump?

Or jiggled the lanyard switch?
    Are you using the OEM lanyard strap and handlebar clip?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Any chance you accidentally pressed on the Stop button during that small wave jump?

Or jiggled the lanyard switch?
    Are you using the OEM lanyard strap and handlebar clip?
    Hey Keith, doubt it. Wasn’t anything extreme whatsoever, hands were on the grips as always and maybe I jiggled the kill switch. Yes OEM kill switch…

I actually thought of that as well but that fact that it took two tries to start it after running all afternoon (on, off, on etc), had me thinking it might be something different.

Have there been any issues with the Ride control housing trons? Haven’t seen anything posted about it before…

+1
    I randomly had a few “hard starts” on my ‘21 when stage 1+ after running it, I was always of the thought it was some sort of heat soak issue. But, I never had it just stall.

Thread Information