Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    2018 seadoo gtx removing engine cover

    On 2018 gtx how in heck do you get wrench thru 2inch hole to hold back up on the 3 screws under the round acess panel. and how would you get them started again without special wrench or ??? Am I just missing something? Thanks for your help in advance!!!

  2. #2
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,723
    +1
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    On 2018 gtx how in heck do you get wrench thru 2inch hole to hold back up on the 3 screws under the round acess panel. and how would you get them started again without special wrench or ??? Am I just missing something? Thanks for your help in advance!!!
    If your talking about the ski Pylon hole. Just unscrew them as they have a retaining clip.

  3. #3
    no its a 2 inch hole drilled thru engine cover with 3 torx screws holding center of cover down ,its under rear seat, it has regular nuts you can feel with finger tips but no way to hold backup wrench unless maybe I take torch to 12mm wrench and bend it. Hole is so small you can barely touch nuts, the washers are siliconed to engine cover. Its a really bad engineering goof. The 2021 and 22 have self retaining nuts on them ,this one has some free nuts and then these 3 that cant even get wrench to hold backup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	processed-e3acdb68-4add-4cda-b160-2bb312a8a6f2_i7UCFXH9.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	484788  


  4. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,723
    +1
    956
    Yes Just un screw them. The nuts are held in by a clip. They will not fall out. Trox bit and just unscrew.


    Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    no its a 2 inch hole drilled thru engine cover with 3 torx screws holding center of cover down ,its under rear seat, it has regular nuts you can feel with finger tips but no way to hold backup wrench unless maybe I take torch to 12mm wrench and bend it. Hole is so small you can barely touch nuts, the washers are siliconed to engine cover. Its a really bad engineering goof. The 2021 and 22 have self retaining nuts on them ,this one has some free nuts and then these 3 that cant even get wrench to hold backup.

  5. #5
    these dont have a clip they are regular nuts,they spin when you try and remove them with torx and ratchet. They have to have a backup of some type.

  6. #6
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,723
    +1
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    these dont have a clip they are regular nuts,they spin when you try and remove them with torx and ratchet. They have to have a backup of some type.
    They are regular nuts in a retaining clip. Just unscrew them as they stay in the plastic retainer. I cant say it enough. Just unscrew it. No wrench needed on the nut on the back side. Do I have to go take mine apart for yall to understand? I will!

    the retaoning clip could be broke from mis install.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Foley Alabama
    Posts
    140
    +1
    5
    The clips that you need are 291004813 called housing nut M6 Assy. On my 2019 gtx I added these clips to the two front screws, saving trying to get the two M6 nuts off with a wrench. The clips are about $2.00 each

  8. #8
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    1,373
    +1
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by conroe View Post
    The clips that you need are 291004813 called housing nut M6 Assy. On my 2019 gtx I added these clips to the two front screws, saving trying to get the two M6 nuts off with a wrench. The clips are about $2.00 each
    I replaced my two front ones on my 21 PX with SS wing nuts. I like your idea also, but surely there is a reason that BRP didn't want to use the clips on the two front screws.

  9. #9
    all three just spin on backside i know they are supposed to have retaining clip but they are all three nuts without clip .i know other model years have the clips there are two that i have seen that do not have clips ,i'm not making it up both are 2018 metallic blue gtx.

  10. #10
    Definitely not supposed to be regular nuts on there. If yours arent the clips then someone changed them. My 2019 GTX has the clips everywhere besides the front two, as others have stated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Engine cover on 2018 GTX 230
    By wrrush24 in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-16-2020, 09:59 PM
  2. Removing hose off of Engine output cover 2018 Ultra LX
    By Kozman01 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2020, 09:02 AM
  3. Looking for bolt retainer Engine cover 2018 GTX
    By denaliman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2018, 01:44 PM
  4. How do I take off this cover on 2018 gtx
    By salvage101 in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2018, 08:18 AM
  5. Removing the engine cover
    By BrAinZ in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •