Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015FZR View Post
    Yeah I guess I'm going to have to look into the custom tunes, does anyone know the turnaround time on a custom tune?
    You actually reflash your ECU yourself in minutes with the MaptunerX tuning bundle package. You can email Jesus Garcia with MaptunerX support and he can make custom tunes with custom rev limits for you within minutes. This is the tuning bundle package you need http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=4250

I will keep you guys updated thanks for the reply's, I'm probably going to reach out to Jesus and see what he can do for me. But I'm assuming the custom tune will accommodate for my specific mods, I wasn't planning to go Stage 2 was happy with the speeds I was getting with the Stage 1 tune and the OEM intercooler failing kind of put me in a weird spot. Will be back with results.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Absolutely! the Solas 13/20
    the OP posted he has a stock impeller. Can he still run that stage 2 tune?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    … assuming the custom tune will accommodate for my specific mods ...
    Why are you thinking you need some sort of ‘custom’ tune for your SVHO with a Fizzle intercooler?

Your configuration seems quite straightforward. Fizzle intercooler and normal air intake upgrades. Seems like a good match for the Riva Stage 2 ‘off the shelf’ tune for a Fizzle. You should have the Stage 2 tunes already available in your tune library, via the PC app from Riva.

Select and transfer whichever Riva tune(s) for SVHO best matches with the Fizzle intercooler. Program the engine ECU with the Stage 2 tune.

Then do a test ride to see what RPM the retuned engine with Fizzle is turning with your current impeller. If the RPM gets into the ECU/tune rev limiter zone, an impeller change will be needed.

I don't have the cooling/retainers upgrades needed to run stage 2 and I'm just trying to keep the ski healthy. If I can get a custom tune that will accommodate my specific mods wouldn't that be a better option?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    I don't have the cooling/retainers upgrades needed to run stage 2 and I'm just trying to keep the ski healthy.

If I can get a custom tune that will accommodate my specific mods wouldn't that be a better option?
    Well, other than perhaps a more reduced maximum RPM limit, not sure what you are expecting from a custom Riva tune.

Do you want the engine power (throttle and/or ignition timing) to be electronically restricted (by the custom tune) when you fully squeeze the handlebar lever?

If peak power is not tune reduced, then the SVHO engine is going to make the full power possible with the aftermarket intercooler. And that will be at Stage 2 power level.

With Stage 2 and the Fizzle there is more power (compared to Stage 1) when the engine is running at maximum, so there is more heat generated.

How often do you expect to be running at engine power levels beyond what the SVHO Stage 1 was doing before the stock intercooler failed?

And when you do use all that Stage 2 power, for how many seconds (or minutes)?

I have been riding with Stage 1 Plus for 350 hours on each of two SVHO GP1800. Friends have been doing similar. Without any changes to engine water cooling flow.

I know the recommendation is to add additional water flow with Stage 2 tunes. Whether it is a ‘must’ in part depends on your riding circumstances.

How cool/warm is the water you will be riding in?

As Jerry pointed out, lightweight valve retainers are not required with Stage 2 as long as the impeller is selected correctly and is able to load the engine enough to keep max sustained RPM below the 8700 Stage 2 tune limit.

Typically riding in low 60 to upper 70 degree water depending on month.

I'm in the same boat not wanting to break into the engine yet for the retainers. I just ordered all of the stage 2 parts intercooler etc but going to run the 13/20 prop like it was stated to keep the rpm's at the 8500-8600(safe point before needed retainers from what I have read and been told) with the riva stage 2 tune. if that helps any

I've also seen 8500-8600 is the safe zone for the stock retainers,with the stock impeller would I be all over the rev limiter? I also don't have all the supporting cooling mods. I'm leaning towards reaching out to Jesus and see what he can do for me with a custom set up.

+1
    I've also seen 8500-8600 is the safe zone for the stock retainers,with the stock impeller would I be all over the rev limiter? I also don't have all the supporting cooling mods. I'm leaning towards reaching out to Jesus and see what he can do for me with a custom set up.
    That’s the best bet. Worst case you might have to add a 13/20 prop to the mod list.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information