Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

2022 Ultra 310X problems.. water in oil.

So… took new ski out. Started the break in after 30 min or so first error 69# knock sensor, shut ski down restarted no error, continue break in.. as im finishing up break in another error code 69#. Shut ski down again restart head to dock and ski bogging down and missing and boost is erratic… finally make it back and check oil and have water.. .. thinking intercooler.. only 3 hours on ski
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBDF336F-3A63-436E-9180-531BF4858B8C.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	484651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2CFFF097-A5DF-414E-AE1F-E75BD964E4E7.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	484652  

+1
    Welcome aboard, Maolli!

Bummer! I hope the dealer isn't far away.

Thanks! I still love the redesign… rides amazing and much dryer ride now.. its intercooler no doubt is where water is coming from.

+1
    Hope is something simple and you are back in the water soon.

5. +1 by:

Maholli,

Yes, after all we’ve discussed on my YouTube page, I think that your knock code was due to water in your fuel caused from a possible intercooler leak. You confirmed you were using 93 octane fuel from a good source, and didn’t flush the ski improperly without the engine running. Coupled with the water in your oil, that’s a likely scenario- that the leak is from the intake side. Although it’s impossible to verify without doing a bunch of other diagnostics.

I would say remove the intake hose between the throttle body and intercooler to look for water, but since this is a brand new ski, let your dealer handle it. It’s 100% under warranty so avoid voiding the warranty by trying to diagnose this yourself…especially a serious issue like water in oil on a brand new ski.

Hopefully they can pressure test your intercooler and confirm that is the cause of the water intrusion. Is the oil milky at the dipstick?

Keep us updated!

Yes at dipstick as well..

Ok.. so i my baby goes back to dealer and just to ease my mind I verified intercooler failure. I pulled intake hose going into throttle body and put ski on hose and water came out hose. My question is what should I expect from Kawasaki? Imho intercooler and throttle body should b replaced or should i asked for new ski lol.?

Quote Originally Posted by Maholli View Post
    Ok.. so i my baby goes back to dealer and just to ease my mind I verified intercooler failure. I pulled intake hose going into throttle body and put ski on hose and water came out hose. My question is what should I expect from Kawasaki? Imho intercooler and throttle body should b replaced or should i asked for new ski lol.?

Well that’s good that you confirmed it’s the intercooler, and not something more serious with the engine block. Either way the dealer needs to make sure that they get all that oil out of the engine, fill it up with new oil, run it for a few hours and then change the oil and filter again. The biggest thing is getting that water out!

since it’s a brand-new engine and this problem was relatively isolated, with the proper preventative care the engine can be saved.

I doubt they will replace it with another one, there probably isn’t even one available to replace it with. I have seen guys sink brand-new skis due to seal failures, and the dealer wouldn’t replace those… just fixed them.

I would get the dealer to give you a full five year warranty on the ski for no cost, and knock some money off the price if they don’t agree to replace it.

+1
    If they do a decent job of repairing it, shouldn't be a problem. I can guarantee that they won't replace it, really no reason to.

Hey, don't feel bad. GM is tearing down some of their brand new V-8 engines and replacing the valve lifters before they ever leave the lot.

11. +1 by:

after break in today as well

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2517.pdf  

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information