Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is my contents. Keep in mind that I'm using the South China Sea Maps 31XG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 08.57.40.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	487047  

Hi, does anyone have an idea of how to modify these maps in order to add POIs and other stuff? I'd like to add more functionalities to these simple maps. Maybe a crowdfunding effort?

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    Hi, does anyone have an idea of how to modify these maps in order to add POIs and other stuff? I'd like to add more functionalities to these simple maps. Maybe a crowdfunding effort?

Thanks!
    Agreed, very disappointing and nowhere near worth it. I often find myself pulling out my phone anyway, as it's just so much easier to use (and more functions). Waste of money.

+1
    Have heard so many bad reviews on these maps, its a shame, yamaha missed a trick running with this 3rd party system

I purchased this map too for my FX HO and I don't use it enough for me to say it was worth it. It's better than nothing and could be useful if you're trying to navigate home where you can't see landmarks. I'm riding along the shore and this would've been more useful if it showed bottom contours like Navionics, but it doesn't. It also doesn't default to my location when I turn the system on, each time. In general, I find it cumbersome to use and much rather use my GPS on my fish finder or phone. I don't find this Enovation map worth it at all.

It really seems like Yamaha needs to provide a software update to maintain certain settings and values after the machine is shut off.

+1
    Unless i am mistaken these are navionics based charts so all info should be to hand its just getting the system to understand it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
    Unless i am mistaken these are navionics based charts so all info should be to hand its just getting the system to understand it
    That is what I was thinking. I love Navionics on RAM Mounted phone (tablet on boat) when riding. Does the maps on the Yamaha's not have similar functions show shallow areas?

Anyone have a good review?

Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    That is what I was thinking. I love Navionics on RAM Mounted phone (tablet on boat) when riding. Does the maps on the Yamaha's not have similar functions show shallow areas?

Anyone have a good review?
    Mine (ordered the jump drive) doesn't have water depth...wish it did...other than that, setting way points and such is helpful...I like it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Highline9 View Post
    Mine (ordered the jump drive) doesn't have water depth...wish it did...other than that, setting way points and such is helpful...I like it.
    You mean the map doesn't or it doesn't have a depth finder?

Unless I'm not doing things right, I can't make detailed bottom contours display like Navionics does, regardless of the settings I choose.
    I run Navionics on both my phone and my Garmin Chartplotter. For me, on the Enovation USB drive, it's just a graphic map showing your location on it.
    I found my screen better used for monitoring my speed and RPM on the main screen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information