Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2022 Kawasaki Ultra 310 Engine Compartment Cover

After receiving multiple questions about this, I wanted to post a video about my experience with the new engine compartment cover. Besides accommodating the adjustable seat, the cover seems to be very efficient at preventing excessive salt water intrusion to the engine compartment, and can slow or prevent the ski from sinking if flipped in rough chop.

Some people really seem to hate this cover, so wanted to open up a discussion to other 2022 310 owners about their opinions and experiences.

+1
    I personally think is going to be good. People start to hate on things with out having one or experience the part.

+1
    If you're gonna cover the entire engine bay like that at least use some kind of quick release fasteners/retainers that can be easily removed by hand if something happens on the water and you need to get in there quick. I like to do a visual inspection of my engine bay before every ride, this would be a bit of a pain in the butt.

If you want to keep the water out a better approach would be to make the seat itself the seal. I guess it must have been cheaper to just build a plastic cover.

4. +1 by:

+1
    I don't get why the put the little see thru trap door at the front. If you're gonna seal off access, atleast put hatch at back where lowest part of hull is. And most likely location for water accumulation, god forbid you ever started taking on water.

+1
    Hopefully the engine cover will keep the seat from getting so hot. I still don't really like the idea of making the engine harder to inspect. Lots of hoses and stuff in there.

Hey, what about fogging the supercharger? Do you have to remove the cover to do that???

+1
    The see thru door is to check the oil and look for water.

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    I don't get why the put the little see thru trap door at the front. If you're gonna seal off access, atleast put hatch at back where lowest part of hull is. And most likely location for water accumulation, god forbid you ever started taking on water.

8. +1 by:

+1
    No you do not have to remove the cover for the fogging of the supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Hopefully the engine cover will keep the seat from getting so hot. I still don't really like the idea of making the engine harder to inspect. Lots of hoses and stuff in there.

Hey, what about fogging the supercharger? Do you have to remove the cover to do that???

10. +1 by:

+1
    Maybe they should have put those lights and camera inside the engine bay instead, would be more useful.

12. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by ramoszx12r View Post
    I personally think is going to be good. People start to hate on things with out having one or experience the part.
    LOL right? Iíve been riding the hell out of this thing in the salt, and have no issue with the engine cover. Itís easy to remove. Period.

PROS:
    Iíve noticed itís especially effective at keeping salt water and salt water spray off of the supercharger, the tensioner assembly, the intercooler body, and the drive belt. A little bit of salt water leaks through right at the clear dipstick access port, but the rest of the valve cover and everything else in the engine compartment remains clean and free from salt water spray. The engine cover accommodates the adjustable seat. If you flip the ski in rough chop or waves, this compartment will drastically reduce the amount of water that gets into the hull.

CONS:
    If you pop a hose or have an engine problem, you will have to remove the cover out on the water to make an inspection. I like to keep the seats off to air out the engine compartment, and to do that you will have to remove this cover. Stock you need a 10 mm socket or a 10 mm nut driver to remove the six acorn nuts. If you donít have a tool on you, the ski does include a small tool kit.

SOLUTION:
    I ordered a set of stainless steel thumb nuts so that the cover can be removed at any time without tools. These were 9.99 on AmazonÖ

This isnít like the Sea-Doo spark where the entire engine is sealed, this is just 6 small acorn nuts guysÖ if you find it a challenge to remove six small acorn nuts, this is not the right ski for you. This ski requires lots of maintenance, including supercharger belts, exhaust filters, regular fogging, to name a fewÖ

im attaching an image of the thumb nuts.. iíll provide an update when I install them and ensure they fit.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1512D988-38B5-4A0F-A6C5-861AACB58998.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	484584  

14. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for sharing JD! I will pass this information on to Chad.

Billy D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information