Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz View Post
    Looks better than the one I have, so I will take it. If my math is correct, that makes $200 for everything?
    Correct.

+1
    Polaris's liability on the service bulletins and recalls on PWCs expired somewhere around 2014 or 2015 as I recall, but some bulletins were honored a few years past that. A shop might do the work for you but you'd be paying for it.

+1
    The way I see it is, it doesn't hurt to try. Especially with a dealer that I know was selling these PWCs.

+1
    The dealer would have to be willing to eat the cost. Polaris would have paid for it before the expiration.

+1
    I want to thank Kurt (martincom) for the parts I picked up from him today. Very kind, and has a good four legged companion, as well.

I can't wait to get this MSX back on the water. Next week I plan to open the tank to see if the regulator has been reinforced, as well as actually get started on wet sanding, buffing and polishing.

The last time I started it, there seemed to be a howl from the pump. I don't whether it is the stator bearings or the through hull, but I will be pulling the pump to remedy it. I have a brand new, complete 6 vein stator here that I was planning on installing on my SLH or 96 SLX, but this seems more important right now. I will rebuild the one that comes off to put on the shelf.

+1
    This thing has been a little bit of a nightmare. Three of the four pump bolts came out without incident, but of course the last one had to put up a fight and snap. Fortunately it left about 3/4 of an inch sticking out and I have started to work it loose with constant application of PB Blaster, and controlled application of heat with a MAP gas torch to the pump base and broken bolt. Of course, since I don't have the driveshaft tool, it has been in the way of turning the vise grips, so I ordered a stud extractor set that should be here tomorrow. My hopes are to get the bolt out and the pump back together next week so I can finally fully put her through her paces.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    … I don't have the [MSX] driveshaft tool ...
    Perhaps you should buy such a tool?

+1
    since I don't have the driveshaft tool
    It'll be a must have to replace the driveshaft carrier bearings/seals, which should be performed at 100 hour intervals.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    … replace the driveshaft carrier bearings/seals, which should be performed at 100 hour intervals.
    And every few years, even if running hours are not accumulating in a hurry.

Especially in salt water, but even with fresh water riding.

+1
    This thing has been a little bit of a nightmare. Three of the four pump bolts came out without incident, but of course the last one had to put up a fight and snap. Fortunately it left about 3/4 of an inch sticking out and I have started to work it loose with constant application of PB Blaster, and controlled application of heat with a MAP gas torch to the pump base and broken bolt. Of course, since I don't have the driveshaft tool, it has been in the way of turning the vise grips, so I ordered a stud extractor set that should be here tomorrow. My hopes are to get the bolt out and the pump back together next week so I can finally fully put her through her paces.
    I have a transom pump bracket.
    Last edited by grumpy_steven; 06-23-2022 at 07:09 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information