Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    My understanding is that the Shindengen FH020AA is a shunt type regulator that uses MOSFET and three Schottky diodes internally. The MOSFET shunt design generates less heat in the regulator than the Seadoo OEM shunt regulator, which uses SCR and six rectifier diodes. Both are shunt type regulators.

The Shindengen SH775 is apparently* a series type regulator, built using SCR switching rectifiers.
    A series type regulator interrupts and modulates the electrical current flow from the stator coils with rapid controlled pulses, restricting the average current flow from the stator coils as necessary to regulate the voltage delivered to the battery.

It is not yet clear to me whether the SH775 series type regulator (using SCR) generates more or less heat in the regulator module, compared to the FH020AA MOSFET shunt regulator.

It seems reasonable to anticipate that the series regulator would generate less heat in the stator coils, compared to a shunt regulator. Whether there is a significant difference in actual stator temperatures inside the running PWC engine, I could not say.

* The actual Shengenden web site does not list the individual products nor their specifications, which I find disappointing.
    I agree with you ! Then my target is not the voltage temperature but the stator life that I want to preserve as much as possible . The FH is banned , maybe is good with lambda in to keep the battery well charged but I prefere to change the battery that the stator ...

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetplane
    … stator life that I want to preserve ...
    What makes you think the shunt regulator type causes any reduction in stator lifespan?

The OEM regulator is [not] a shunt type, using SCR.
    * Apparently the OEM Seadoo regulator is SH775 which is a SCR series type

The Shindengen FH020 MOSFET shunt regulator is a cooler running regulator, but it is a shunt type regulator.

Is there any problem with stator failures when using the OEM Seadoo voltage regulator?
    Last edited by K447; 02-18-2022 at 08:40 AM. Reason: OEM Seadoo regulator is SH775, which is actually series type?

What makes you think the shunt regulator type causes any reduction in stator lifespan?

The OEM regulator is shunt type, using SCR.
    The Shindengen MOSFET shunt regulator is just a better shunt regulator.

Is there any problem with stator failures when using the OEM shunt regulator?
    The oem is sh is a line series and I want to stay with the oem since I think is not keeping the stator always it at 100%

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetplane View Post
    The oem is sh is a line series
    Can you point me at an online reference that confirms the Seadoo 4-Tec OEM voltage regulator type?

Can you point me at an online reference that confirms the Seadoo 4-Tec OEM voltage regulator type?
    https://www.sh775.it/regolatori-seri...ale-nuovo.html

This is a italian seller and you have to translate it in English but I can find many motorcycle forums where all the people say that is the sh775 save your stator much better than the fh020aa since the sh is a line series .

https://www.sh775.it/regolatori-seri...ale-nuovo.html

This is a italian seller and you have to translate it in English but I can find many motorcycle forums where all the people say that is the sh775 save your stator much better than the fh020aa since the sh is a line series .
    I want to precise , sh is better for the stator ....

+1
    better for the stator ....
    SH775 is series type, but what type is Seadoo OEM?
    That is the info I would like to confirm.

+1
    I've replaced a few voltage regulators with OEM and the Mosfet type. The mosfet type have not failed, where as the OEM have failed prematurely. That is why I only use that particular mosfet regulator on Ebay.
    Stator failures have always been with the OEM regulator.

Hi all I just realized that my oem regulator is a mosfet type 32 ampere . Does make sense to upgrade with the 50 ampere one's?
    K447 as you can see the oem type is the is the sh775aa so is a line series , the one that should save the stator better then the FH020AA that should be a shunt mosfet type that keep the stator always at 100% . So the oem theorically should be better for the stator but maybe the voltage stay hotter compare with the FH ...

+1
    the oem type is sh775aa series

the FH020AA shunt mosfet type that keep the stator always at 100% .

oem theorically should be better for the stator but maybe the voltage stay hotter compare with the FH ...
    Ah, that is the info I was misunderstanding, that the Seadoo OEM part# 710001103 is also the Shingenden SH775 module.

So the SH775, which is also the OEM Seadoo regulator 710001103, is a series type made with SCR internally.

The Shindengen FH020AA is a MOSFET shunt type regulator, which should run cooler than the OEM SH775 regulator, but potentially make the stator coils run warmer.

The Shengenden FH020AA with MOSFET may also allow the stator to deliver more electrical power at low-medium engine RPM due to reduced electrical losses with MOSFETs compared to the OEM SCR components.

The additional FH020AA electrical capacity would of course still be properly voltage regulated, just that full charge voltage and current would be available from a lower engine RPM range, where as the SCR type may provide weaker voltage until RPM rises (less battery charge current, more voltage sag at the low RPM).

If such a thing is available, a MOSFET regulator with series configuration would be optimal. Minimal waste heat inside the regulator module, optimized low RPM voltage and current availability to the battery and minimal excess current flow through the stator windings, so minimal stator heating.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information