Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upgraded Supercharger wheels

I have a 2022 GP1800R SVHO ordered with deposit and planning my upgrades for this year. I had a 2016 stage 2 FZR that ran mid 80s and recently sold it.
    Interested to know if by adding all the Stage 3 Riva kit, if others have built the GP1800s would have any advice on changes that may be better options than whats offered in the stage 3parts?
    Is there a better supercharger wheel than the R3 more suited for pure top end speed?
    How difficult is it to change the supercharger shaft?
    Has anyone tried a little more aggressive wheel that gives more boost at mid 8000's in RPM and using a13/20 prop for instance without going to a 13/18 Solas and turning 9000 RPMs?
    Fizzle or RIVA intercooler preference?
    Any advice on a RIVA tune they like better than stage 3?
    I don't see a fuel pump upgrade as part of kit, is that a good option for stage 3 as insurance?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What speeds are you wanting to attain?

What altitude above sea level and typical water temperatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Jspeeddemon View Post
    Has anyone tried a little more aggressive wheel that gives more boost at mid 8000's in RPM and using a13/20 prop for instance without going to a 13/18 Solas and turning 9000 RPMs?
    That makes senseÖ thats a whole different stage 2 approach I guess if you use 13/20 (or higher) with more boost at 8500, you donít need to upgrade injectors and retainers etc

+1
    I have a 2022 GP1800R SVHO ordered with deposit and planning my upgrades for this year. I had a 2016 stage 2 FZR that ran mid 80s and recently sold it.
    Interested to know if by adding all the Stage 3 Riva kit, if others have built the GP1800s would have any advice on changes that may be better options than whats offered in the stage 3parts?
    Is there a better supercharger wheel than the R3 more suited for pure top end speed?
    I don't see a fuel pump upgrade as part of kit, is that a good option for stage 3 as insurance?
    If you are wanting to go with the stage 3 kit don't deviate from it. The MaptunerX tunes are written using an 02 sensor on each and every cylinder and the tune is perfectly matched for the required mods in that kit.

Stock fuel pump is fine, there is no need to change it.

The Fizzle intercooler does make a little more power. Check out our video here
    If you do opt to go with the Fizzle intercooler over the Riva then I would also recommend you get the maptunerx logging kit so you can dial in your fueling for the extra power of the Fizzle.

We do offer supercharger upgrades that make more power than the R3. If you do decide to go that route, then you will absolutely need to use MaptunerX logging so you can adjust your tune accordingly.

The supercharger shaft upgrade is not that difficult. Instructions here https://rivaracing.com/file/7178-RY1...structions.pdf

Hope that helps!
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If you are wanting to go with the stage 3 kit don't deviate from it. The MaptunerX tunes are written using an 02 sensor on each and every cylinder and the tune is perfectly matched for the required mods in that kit.

Stock fuel pump is fine, there is no need to change it.

The Fizzle intercooler does make a little more power. Check out our video here
    If you do opt to go with the Fizzle intercooler over the Riva then I would also recommend you get the maptunerx logging kit so you can dial in your fueling for the extra power of the Fizzle.

We do offer supercharger upgrades that make more power than the R3. If you do decide to go that route, then you will absolutely need to use MaptunerX logging so you can adjust your tune accordingly.

The supercharger shaft upgrade is not that difficult. Instructions here https://rivaracing.com/file/7178-RY1...structions.pdf

Hope that helps!
    Jerry
    Yes thanks for the input!

+1
    RPMs is where its at. Retainers and spin it.

Stock wheel get you into the 90s.
    Last edited by K447; 01-27-2022 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Stock

+1
    I know things have changed but I used an ET Low Boost wheel on my build and wanted to comment that it was considerably lighter in weight than either stock or the B2 that I had, which contributes to quicker spin up but more importantly may reduce clutch issues due to less mass to speed up and slow down. Just my thoughts.

8. +1 by:

I used the stock wheel on my FZR with stage 2 parts and got it into mid 80s
    I wanted to use a template to prevent mismatch of parts and causing an engine issue. I own the Map Tuner X handheld tuner already so a good tune is just a license away.
    Any experience on tunes or parts that netted good results on GP1800 platform is helpful

+1
    Any experience on tunes or parts that netted good results on GP1800 platform is helpful
    88+ mph with our Riva stage 2 kit on two different skis using the Stage 2 9200 rpm AGR tune

The Riva kits and parts are discounted in the GreenHulk store. You will find the stage 2 kit for your ski here https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...ducts_id=10568

Stage 3 here https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...ducts_id=10569

+1
    The downfall of the bigger prop to hold the revs back is it kills acceleration. Don't be afraid to rev the SVHO motor. We have dozens of skis in our local riding group doing 9500+ with no issues whatsoever. The Yamaha motor is super strong. You just have to upgrade the springs and retainers so that you can spin it to the moon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information