21’ GP1800 Front Hatch Adjustment?

Does anyone know if the front hatch can be adjusted/ aligned from a front to back translation?? Since day 1, the nose of the of the hatch would “sometimes” clip/contact the front plastic trim piece of the ski, almost like they installed the hatch to close to the trim piece (or riveted the trim piece to close to the hatch, assuming their is some slip in the river holes to allow this). Anyways, I’d assume the hatch has some alignment/adjustment, it’s chipping the s*** out of the front trim piece every time It gets caught on It (only opening, not closing).

Thanks
    -E

+1
    Interesting. Mine had the same issue since day one. Except mine opened while riding and popped all the trim pieces off. Hit me in the face and sunk into the lake. Took yamaha 8 months to replace pieces. Dealer mechanic told me if it was his ski he would secure the trim with fasteners.

Quote Originally Posted by mybad View Post
    Interesting. Mine had the same issue since day one. Except mine opened while riding and popped all the trim pieces off. Hit me in the face and sunk into the lake. Took yamaha 8 months to replace pieces. Dealer mechanic told me if it was his ski he would secure the trim with fasteners.
    WOW!!! So my hatch is staying secure, but brought It back to the dealer as I was passing by one day, half hour later said they “fixed” the hatch and submitted a warranty claim to Yamaha for me to replace the trim piece on the nose. Anyway, get to the river about an hour after, sure enough hatch clips the nose trim when I open It to load the cooler (this was in July 21’). Getting my kill switch recall done as of yesterday and asked them about the warranty claim “part is still on back order, call you when that comes in” was the response. Already checked Riva & Green Hulk, parts like $20, and I’ve already ordered OEM parts for It from GH, they came generally quickly (much faster than the 8 mo. I’ve been waiting). I just don’t want to do It myself without figuring out if I can back the hatch off a bit…

+1
    Trim is just clipped in place. Nothing really retaining them. I loosened up my hatch hardware and adjusted hood alignment. It worked. Then locktited everything. Ill post again when I secure trim.

Thread Information