Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Yamaha fx cruiser svho 2017 - which Riva tune stage for stock engine?

Hi all ,I am thinking which would be the best option for a FX SVHO CRUSIER 2017, Riva stage 1 or Riva Stage 1 plus?

The intention is to leave the peripheral components as standard, without having to fight with props steps, air filters, ride plates ......

What do you recommend?

What results can I expect at sea level?
    Last edited by K447; 01-14-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulses View Post
    …FX SVHO CRUSIER 2017, Riva stage 1 or Riva Stage 1 plus?

The intention is to leave the peripheral components as standard, without having to fight with props steps, air filters, ride plates ...
    The tune ‘stage’ should match the engine hardware configuration.

There are some small inconsistencies with how Riva matches the tune name to the tune hardware requirements - the following is from the GP1800 SVHO Riva tunes.
    Per my understanding;

The Riva SVHO Stage 1 tune is intended to match the SVHO engine that is totally stock, with no changes to air intake or anything else.

The Riva Stage 1 PLUS tune for SVHO matches with a ribbon delete (IMUK) and/or cold air intake, either or both.

If your SVHO engine is totally stock, with no upgrades at all, then that matches with the Riva Stage 1 tune.

You can run the Riva Stage 1 Plus tune with a totally stock engine configuration, which will add a bit more fuel to the fuel:air ratio (richer). No real harm done but also no (perceptible) performance gains.

3. +1 by:

+1
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3147364

https://www.maptunerusa.com/tuning-l...svho-2014-2020

Also note that Riva seemingly has several definitions for fuel octane.

I have two 2017 GP1800 SVHO, each now has about 350 hours. The tune definitions in the first year or two was that ‘Low Octane’ meant 91 octane gasoline was expected by the tune, while the ‘normal’ Stage 1 Plus tune preferred 93 octane. The AGR tune required at least 93 octane.

Now the tunes either mention 91 octane (as a minimum) or specify no octane number at all.

5. +1 by:

+1
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3147364

Also note that Riva seemingly has several definitions for fuel octane.

I have two 2017 GP1800 SVHO, each now has about 350 hours. The tune definitions in the first year or two was that ‘Low Octane’ meant 91 octane gasoline was expected by the tune, while the ‘normal’ Stage 1 Plus tune preferred 93 octane.
    The AGR tunes required at least 93 octane.

Now the tunes either mention 91 octane (as a minimum) or specify no octane number at all.

That tune list also helpfully shows a power and torque output chart for each tune, up through Stage 1 Plus.
    Oddly there seems to only be two charts shown for all the tunes above ‘stock’.

Either the AGR chart or the non-AGR chart is probably incorrectly shown.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Muchas gracias K447 por tu información.
    Creo que iré con la melodía de 8.300 rpm.
    https://www.maptunerusa.com/tuning-l...0/stage-1-8300

Here in Europe the minimum octane we have is 95.

+1
    Muchas gracias K447 por tu información.
    Creo que iré con la melodía de 8.300 rpm.
    https://www.maptunerusa.com/tuning-l...0/stage-1-8300

Here in Europe the minimum octane we have is 95.
    Europe octane is RON based, US octane is MON+RON/2. Different rating systems.

Subtract 4 or 5 from RON to roughly match US octane.
    95 RON is about 91 in US octane.

+1
    Hi all ,I am thinking which would be the best option for a FX SVHO CRUSIER 2017, Riva stage 1 or Riva Stage 1 plus?

The intention is to leave the peripheral components as standard, without having to fight with props steps, air filters, ride plates ......

What do you recommend?

What results can I expect at sea level?
    If you are not going to change the impeller and air intake then stay with the MaptunerX stage 1 tune. This tune is for a bone stock ski and you can expect 72-73 mph.

If you decide to install the 13/20 impeller and Riva power filter and load the Stage 1 Plus tune you can expect 75-76 mph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If you are not going to change the impeller and air intake then stay with the MaptunerX stage 1 tune. This tune is for a bone stock ski and you can expect 72-73 mph.

If you decide to install the 13/20 impeller and Riva power filter and load the Stage 1 Plus tune you can expect 75-76 mph
    I have a 2016 fx svho. Can I add just the riva power filter and reflash? Or when adding the intake does the impeller HAVE to be changed because of the RPM increase from the air intake?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K7fxho View Post
    I have a 2016 fx svho. Can I add just the riva power filter and reflash?

Or when adding the intake does the impeller HAVE to be changed because of the RPM increase from the air intake?
    Even without the air intake change, installing a Riva Stage 1 tune will up the engine power. That added power will spin the impeller faster, which is where the increase in top speed comes from.

Installing an aftermarket ‘cold air’ intake and matching that with a Stage 1 PLUS tune will allow a further increase in engine power. That will in turn spin the stock impeller even more.

It will all work just fine, provided you select a tune that will not impose an electronic RPM limiter level that is less than the RPM that the engine is able to actually spin that impeller.

The ‘normal’ Riva Stage 1 Plus tune, as an example, comes with a maximum allowed RPM of 8300. The stock impeller will absorb the added power from the stock engine with aftermarket air intake and the combo will not quite reach 8300, so the Riva tune will not be holding back the engine.

The Stage 1 Plus tuned engine will be able to apply its full newfound power to the impeller and happily spin away while you enjoy the increased acceleration and higher top speed.

What the Solas impeller upgrade offers is even better grip on the water for even stronger initial acceleration and perhaps slightly higher top speeds. Not required, but it does work quite nicely.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Even without the air intake change, installing a Riva Stage 1 tune will up the engine power. That added power will spin the impeller faster, which is where the increase in top speed comes from.

Installing an aftermarket ‘cold air’ intake and matching that with a Stage 1 PLUS tune will allow a further increase in engine power. That will in turn spin the stock impeller even more.

It will all work just fine, provided you select a tune that will not impose an electronic RPM limiter level that is less than the RPM that the engine is able to actually spin that impeller.

The ‘normal’ Riva Stage 1 Plus tune, as an example, comes with a maximum allowed RPM of 8300. The stock impeller will absorb the added power from the stock engine with aftermarket air intake and the combo will not quite reach 8300, so the Riva tune will not be holding back the engine.

The Stage 1 Plus tuned engine will be able to apply its full newfound power to the impeller and happily spin away while you enjoy the increased acceleration and higher top speed.

What the Solas impeller upgrade offers is even better grip on the water for even stronger initial acceleration and perhaps slightly higher top speeds. Not required, but it does work quite nicely.
    ok thanks for the explanation. Wasn’t sure if I would be on the limiter with the intake and tune with the stock impeller because of the rpm increase. I just got my first SVHO at the end of the riding season. So using winter time for research and preventative mods and would like to do things in stages such as riva air intake and tune. Then upgrade impeller and retune maybe the following season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information