Catch can vent into the hull?

I see a lot ski with catch can or filter vent, what is the purpose of that if you anyway are gonna vent inside the engine bay and the engine is choke eventually with fumes?
    The only thing that is solve with that is that you not gonna soak with oil the charger, Intercooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JgDieselPerformance View Post
    I see a lot ski with catch can or filter vent, what is the purpose of that if you anyway are gonna vent inside the engine bay and the engine is choke eventually with fumes?
    The only thing that is solve with that is that you not gonna soak with oil the charger, Intercooler.
    It keeps oil out of the intake. regardless of the setup. A proper oil separator will do a better job and could still be plumbed to the intake. its all about keeping oil off the back side of your intake valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    It keeps oil out of the intake. regardless of the setup. A proper oil separator will do a better job and could still be plumbed to the intake. its all about keeping oil off the back side of your intake valves.
    But I think is gonna be better if we route the fumes from the catch can out of the hull, so the engine get better air.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JgDieselPerformance View Post
    But I think is gonna be better if we route the fumes from the catch can out of the hull, so the engine get better air.
    Sounds like a good way to get water in your motor. The pcv system gets hot and will attract moisture when you shut down. The tiny amount of oil vapor in your hull is not a problem. Also, having the intake suck out crankcase pressure has proven to be better for high HP motors. Run a breather, and do what you like. A physical oil separator/catch can plumbed back to the intake is the best option for high power.

I ran one for a while never had any oil in mine, bone dry. I took it out. No one ever mentions how much oil they have been seeing. I never have blow by. Hemi on my jeep thats another story. I have to drain every oil change as its full.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    I ran one for a while never had any oil in mine, bone dry. I took it out. No one ever mentions how much oil they have been seeing. I never have blow by. Hemi on my jeep thats another story. I have to drain every oil change as its full.
    Same here, ran a separator/catch can plumbed back into CAI like stock. After nearly 100 hours there wasn't enough oil to cover the bottom of the can so I finally removed it.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YAMA HAMA View Post
    … After nearly 100 hours there wasn't enough oil to cover the bottom of the can ...
    When I removed my GP1800 SVHO Riva air intake tube (about 200 running hours since I last looked in there) there was a ‘dribble’ of oil puddled just in front of the supercharger inlet. Maybe a teaspoon of oil, probably less. Which I considered to not be a worry.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3066960

Thread Information