Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by water4fire View Post
    guys thanks for input. It ram so dam good too! Kinda sucks because i agree with all said above. Both sides. I just need to make the choice as to were i need to go. Fix as is and trade in or run til it blows or fix all the way.

Honesty i dont have but two hours into it. Maybe 3
    i would change timing chain and send it.

BTW

How does it wotk here on the Rotax Engines, there are just one sizes of Bearings for the main and the rods right ? Not like on the yamaha side where you can buy different ones.
    Do you guys just install them and run or how do you proceed ? do you used plastigauge and get the crank for an workshop to make them fit ?

+1
    Measure all journals and install seadoo stock bearings if they are all within specs and you have no damage to the block's bearing support. Measure all play. There are oversized bearings available but you have to measure everything or it will not last long, its everyone's mistake.

timing chain check the oil pumps bearings check/clean/replace oil cooler send it. Your going to have to at a minimum undo one of those rods to get that chain in and out so i would just undo all of them and do new bearings assembly lube and go man. Don't forget new rod bolts , and do arp case bolts just cause its easier. You can polish it up some your self if your super anal about it or you can pay a machine shop. I wouldn't worry about rings and a hone with that low hours.

+1
    I have done many SCer failures in the past and I can swap chain with out removing rods. I have decided to run it with just new chain. I have sat here a while and it just feels to good to worry about. Looks worse than it feels for sure. Oil pumps are normal.
    so assembly lube and new chain… then back together.

Well of course flush the crap out of the block and pto.

I’m curious how you do that. I was unable to get my chain out with out un doing at least one rod. But yea I think you will be fine. Best of luck. I saw on another post you did a 161mm pump swap on your 260. How did that work out for you ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whatnissan View Post
    I’m curious how you do that. I was unable to get my chain out with out un doing at least one rod. But yea I think you will be fine. Best of luck. I saw on another post you did a 161mm pump swap on your 260. How did that work out for you ?

+1
    Remove oil squirters and lift crank. Then you can twist the chain out. Ill video it with the ole lady for you. Its simple.

i actually love the 161mm solas i have on my 300.(built by impross)
    My 260’s prefer the 159mm

+1
    @tiderider *Undersized bearings for mains and rods not oversized, make sure to use correct verbiage...bearing surface is on the interior of the bearing.

what's done to your 260? Im going to try a 161mm and a stock 300 prop on my setup and im just going to pitch it for my rpm I want. I have a 300 charger on my 260 with a 135 wheel though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information