Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2022 FX SVHO vs 2021 FX SVHO

Currently riding a 2019 FX SVHO,just sold my 2016 FZR, leaning to replace it with an FX SVHO.
    Looking for a little feedback from especially riders who have upgraded to a 2022 model, on the upgrades of the 22 model as well as pros and cons of the switch to Fiberglass versus Nanocel2 besides the Obvious weight and durability?

+1
    I don't know of anyone who has received a 2022 to ride yet, so all of the pros and cons are still just hypothetical. I think it'll be February before anyone takes ownership of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jspeeddemon View Post
    Currently riding a 2019 FX SVHO,just sold my 2016 FZR, leaning to replace it with an FX SVHO.
    Looking for a little feedback from especially riders who have upgraded to a 2022 model, on the upgrades of the 22 model as well as pros and cons of the switch to Fiberglass versus Nanocel2 besides the Obvious weight and durability?

I owned a 2020 FX SVHO and encountered early signs of delamination. My riding partner who has the same ski also is seeing signs of it.

Separate from Weight and durability, ease of access to repairs also plays into 2022 (hull) ownership.
    Fiberglass repair is common place and welcomed process to ownership.
    With 2022 FX SVHOs having an estimated delivery time of April, I doubt much information will make its way to the public.
    We have to take the payed advertisement information until the general public gains access to the model. Fingers crossed there wont be any issues with the new hull.
    Last edited by Dreadknotz; 01-11-2022 at 07:34 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspeeddemon View Post
    I've ridden the 2022's and it's a marked improvement over the 2021 and older hull.
    The 2022 has a much better ride plate design as well as sponsons and the fiberglass hull is much stronger, especially for rough water riders.

Used skis are getting top dollar these days so it may benefit you to sell off your 2019 and get into a 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I've ridden the 2022's and it's a marked improvement over the 2021 and older hull.
    The 2022 has a much better ride plate design as well as sponsons and the fiberglass hull is much stronger, especially for rough water riders.

Used skis are getting top dollar these days so it may benefit you to sell off your 2019 and get into a 2022.

Afternoon,

I purchased a RIVA ride plate & RIVA sponsons prior to the delivery of my 2022 FX SVHO.
    Would you recommend keeping to the (2) parts or returning them.

Receiving news of the rideplate redesign and location changes , I am unsure of the direction to take. Wouldn't the 2022 OEM parts provide the same improvements?
    This is all based on prior information of 1800 GP vs 1800r intake & ride plate part evolution between factory and RIVA.

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dreadknotz; 01-16-2022 at 06:14 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    Afternoon,

I purchased a RIVA ride plate & RIVA sponsons prior to the delivery of my 2022 FX SVHO.

Receiving news of the rideplate redesign and location changes , I am unsure of the direction to take. Wouldn't the 2022 OEM parts provide the same improvements?
    This is all based on prior information of 1800 GP vs 1800r intake & ride plate part evolution between factory and RIVA.

Thank you.
    Riva doesnt even list a ride plate for the '22 FX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

Great info, GH. Have a Ď22 Cruiser on order and just found out the dealer has a new Ď21 Limited available on showroom floor. As much as I want my first supercharged ski, Iím going to wait and hope the Ď22 arrives this spring. SMC, GPS, the aforementioned updated ride (plate, sponsons) all seem worth waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    Afternoon,

Thank you.
    The ride plate will fit, not sure if it will be an improvement over the 22 ride plate, the sponsons have been redesigned and moved forward so I'm not sure if they will fit. If you decide to sell them i may be interested in buying them from you.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1300 View Post
    The ride plate will fit, not sure if it will be an improvement over the 22 ride plate, the sponsons have been redesigned and moved forward so I'm not sure if they will fit. If you decide to sell them i may be interested in buying them from you.
    Ok, will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    Riva doesnt even list a ride plate for the '22 FX.
    Incorrect, they list a plate for 2022 FX hulls, details on the RIVA website says, "Our Performance RIVA Ride Plate for all 2019 & newer Yamaha FX models+"
    Am i missing something? just asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information