Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

New Kid on the Block. What parts do I have?

Hello Everyone,
    My first post.
    My first ride on a jet ski was in June this year on a friend's GTX 300. Here's how much I knew about jet skis: I had to ask him where the engine was!
    The second time I was on a ski was in September, and it was my ski: 2017 GTX 230.

It only took me a few minutes to work up to WOT, 67 MPH chasing my friend on his GTX 300. Three weekends later it came out of the water for the winter (I'm in Ontario).

For the next two months, I spent many hours researching ways to make a 230 go faster. I eventually concluded that the best way to make a 230 faster is to buy a 300.
    So two weeks ago I bought another ski: 2017 RXP-X 300.

I bought it from a really nice guy who didn't know much about it. When I went to look at it, I expected bone stock, but I quickly discovered a lot of Riva parts.

I'm trying to figure out what I have. Here's what I know so far (all Riva):
    • Power filter intake
    • IMUK
    • Catch can
    • I presume it has a tune, but it didn't come with a Maptuner box, so I have no way of knowing
    • Water box
    • Rear exhaust
    • Grate
    • Impeller Riva 15/19
    Questions:
    How do I determine what injectors I have? Pic below
    Same question about springs and retainers. Can someone identify them from a pic?
    Same question about the SC wheel.
    What are your opinions about the 15/19 impeller?

Cheers,
    Philip
    PS: I have already ordered Supertech springs and valves because the leak down test was pretty bad. Now I'm wondering if they have already been done.
    PPS: I'm new to jet skis, but I've been wrenching on cars as a hobby for four decades.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7043.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	481046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7026.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	481045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7041.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	481047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7028.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	481048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6943.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	481049  

+1
    One non-related thing I would suggest is getting the bunks lowered on the trailers! You must have to bury the tow vehicle in the water to get those off.

+1
    That's a good idea. Thanks.
    The RXP trailer is the wrong trailer altogether. It's for a boat with an outboard. There's way too much weight on the hitch.

+1

Leak down test

Quote Originally Posted by canuck coupe View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    My first post.
    My first ride on a jet ski was in June this year on a friend's GTX 300. Here's how much I knew about jet skis: I had to ask him where the engine was!
    The second time I was on a ski was in September, and it was my ski: 2017 GTX 230.

It only took me a few minutes to work up to WOT, 67 MPH chasing my friend on his GTX 300. Three weekends later it came out of the water for the winter (I'm in Ontario).

For the next two months, I spent many hours researching ways to make a 230 go faster. I eventually concluded that the best way to make a 230 faster is to buy a 300.
    So two weeks ago I bought another ski: 2017 RXP-X 300.

I bought it from a really nice guy who didn't know much about it. When I went to look at it, I expected bone stock, but I quickly discovered a lot of Riva parts.

I'm trying to figure out what I have. Here's what I know so far (all Riva):
    • Power filter intake
    • IMUK
    • Catch can
    • I presume it has a tune, but it didn't come with a Maptuner box, so I have no way of knowing
    • Water box
    • Rear exhaust
    • Grate
    • Impeller Riva 15/19
    Questions:
    How do I determine what injectors I have? Pic below
    Same question about springs and retainers. Can someone identify them from a pic?
    Same question about the SC wheel.
    What are your opinions about the 15/19 impeller?

Cheers,
    Philip
    PS: I have already ordered Supertech springs and valves because the leak down test was pretty bad. Now I'm wondering if they have already been done.
    PPS: I'm new to jet skis, but I've been wrenching on cars as a hobby for four decades.
    The 2017 has plasma coated cylinders. The plasm wears down and cause leaking rings. Either have the sleeve re- plasma coated or replace sleeves.

+1
    Where in Ontario are you located?

+1
    You're basically stock as far as performance goes. To add noticeable gain you'd need a larger supercharger like the drop-in 137+4 and a flash which will match nicely with your 15/19 Solas impeller, this will get you to upper 70s.

PM me if you decide to go with a larger supercharger, I got one and I'm in Ontario.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    You're basically stock as far as performance goes. To add noticeable gain you'd need a larger supercharger like the drop-in 137+4 and a flash which will match nicely with your 15/19 Solas impeller, this will get you to upper 70s.

PM me if you decide to go with a larger supercharger, I got one and I'm in Ontario.
    I think opp has a 300, not 260. That being the case I have a ET 135 with spacer brand new, needing a new home. I'm in Ontario too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    I think opp has a 300, not 260. That being the case I have a ET 135 with spacer brand new, needing a new home. I'm in Ontario too

He has a GTX 230 so its basically the 255/260 supercharger.

Edit: Oh wait he bought a second ski, a 300 heh. Now I'm not sure which ski he's talking about, 15/19 is a 159mm impeller so I assumed its the 230 unless the previous owner switched to smaller pump on the 300.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    He has a GTX 230 so its basically the 255/260 supercharger.
    Ya but he bought a 17 px, I thought that's the one he's going thru and modding?

+1
    moparguy and ptscon:
    I'm in Aurora.
    I have a rental unit at Delawana Resort in Honey Harbour. That's where the skis will be next summer.

To clarify, the GTX 230 is bone stock and will stay that way (until I change my mind! Motorsports is an incurable disease)
    The RXP 300 has the Riva parts, and the questions posted relate to that ski. I have never had it on the water, so I won't be changing anything (like cam or SC) until I have ridden it and decided I need to go faster.

Interesting comment about the impeller being a 159 and the pump maybe being switched out. It's definitely a Riva (Skat?) 15/19. It's clearly stamped. I'll measure it and investigate the pump to see if it has been changed.

jcibella:
    I don't think the bottom end is leaking. I think the cylinders and rings are fine. All the leaks seemed to be from valves (I did the leak down test with the rockers off as per Jerry's recommendation, so all the valves were closed for sure. I was less certain when I did it using TDC method.) I'll have a bit more info when I pull the head off this weekend and have a look at the cylinders.

And back to my original question: Are those stock injectors, SC wheel, springs?

Thanks for the comments.
    Philip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information