Stock 215 Supercharger Slip Moment Rebuild

Hi

I just wrapped up my first
    supercharger rebuild on a 2008 stock GTX 215. I realize this costs more then just sending this in to Jerry for the rebuild service, but I wanted to learn how to do it.

I used the factory rebuild kit with the Isoflex Topas NB52 grease on the clutch and needle bearings. I bought all the specitality tools and followed the manual.

I get 90 inch pounds (10.2 NM) when measuring clutch slip on a vice after manually excercizing the clutch 10 revolutions. I realize this is within the spec, however it on the low end of the spec for a new supercharger rebuild. What is the ideal clutch slip number for this setup?

What is the next step? Leave it alone? McMaster washers?

Thanks for any guidance.

+1
    I would order a set of McMaster washers.

McMaster RIVA Sea-Doo Heavy-Duty Supercharger Clutch Spring Washers For 08+

RS17050-SWP-948
    Heavy duty spring washers to replace stock washers on 08 and newer style clutch systems. For installation tips please view this link http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104558
    $21.95
    Add To Cart

Tiderider

Thank for the tip. I was planning on the McMaster Washers as it seemed like a good path to increase the slip tension.

Is there a optimal Slip Moment tension for a newly rebuilt 2008 215Hp supercharger? What is the best in lbs or NM figure for a new build?

Jerry weighed in on this one. Hopefully his answer will help other folks with the same question.
    On a stock ski he said to shoot for 10-12 ft lbs of slip.

I have the McMaster Washers on order.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERSKIER View Post
    Tiderider

Thank for the tip. I was planning on the McMaster Washers as it seemed like a good path to increase the slip tension.

Is there a optimal Slip Moment tension for a newly rebuilt 2008 215Hp supercharger? What is the best in lbs or NM figure for a new build?
    The rule of thumb is 1 ft/lb for every psi of boost the charger will put out. On my X charger rebuild I used 3 McMasterCarr washers and 2 factory and it slips at 150 in/lb right on the dot (12.5 ft/lb). On a 215 charger you could try 2 McMaster and 3 factory and see where that puts you. If you’re curious, a full stack of 5 McMasterCarr washers gives a slip of 180 in/lb, which is too dang high unless you’re running an upgraded compressor

Thread Information