Thread: Joy or Regret?

+1

Joy or Regret?

I made a bold move today and ordered a 2022 FX SVHO Cruiser without ever having any experience riding the hull.

I have 2 GP1300r conversion skis to satisfy my "go fast" cravings, so I figured it was time to part with my GP1800 and get some luxury in my life. The return to SMC, coupled with having integrated audio and GPS really sealed the deal for me.

I usually like to ride aggressively, which is why I have all the GPs, but if I'm riding Lake Erie on a choppy day or spending the day riding in a pack, I thought I would appreciate the FX soaking up the chop (and keeping the glove box shut. I just lost a brand new phone in the lake a week ago riding some horrendous cross chop in the Sandusky Bay).

Anyway, from those that have had or experienced both, how will I like it? I'll keep it mild mod-wise. 80mph should be fine. Just enough to still beat most on the lake, but be able to demonstrate I'm in my 40's now when I need to.

Will I still be able to beat on this and have an uncontrollable grin when I want to?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    For others who may keep their GP1800, here is one option for keeping the glove box closed, especially when riding on rough water.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3005270

My glovebox also has elastic ‘springs’ underneath to hold it open while I rummage inside, and I did not want the raised button to prevent the lid from opening fully.

Last edited by K447; 11-15-2021 at 05:24 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaher View Post
    I made a bold move today and ordered a 2022 FX SVHO Cruiser without ever having any experience riding the hull.

I have 2 GP1300r conversion skis to satisfy my "go fast" cravings, so I figured it was time to part with my GP1800 and get some luxury in my life. The return to SMC, coupled with having integrated audio and GPS really sealed the deal for me.

I usually like to ride aggressively, which is why I have all the GPs, but if I'm riding Lake Erie on a choppy day or spending the day riding in a pack, I thought I would appreciate the FX soaking up the chop (and keeping the glove box shut. I just lost a brand new phone in the lake a week ago riding some horrendous cross chop in the Sandusky Bay).

Anyway, from those that have had or experienced both, how will I like it? I'll keep it mild mod-wise. 80mph should be fine. Just enough to still beat most on the lake, but be able to demonstrate I'm in my 40's now when I need to.

Will I still be able to beat on this and have an uncontrollable grin when I want to?
    I order a 2022 FX SVHO none cruise and can't wait till it comes in. I went back and forth between a rxt300, gp svho and the FX. I don't think you can beat the new FX with the upgrades.

+1
    Who's still taking '22 orders? Seems like super late with all the production issues.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Who's still taking '22 orders? Seems like super late with all the production issues.
    I was thinking the same but I've seen a few different dealers in different locations posting up 2022 forsale that came in. So that mean not all are spoken for. So it's most likely a unit that was already coming in on order and now his name is on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2022 View Post
    I was thinking the same but I've seen a few different dealers in different locations posting up 2022 forsale that came in. So that mean not all are spoken for. So it's most likely a unit that was already coming in on order and now his name is on it.

Were those really 2022 models or the delayed 2021 models being sold as 2022 ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Were those really 2022 models or the delayed 2021 models being sold as 2022 ?
    They were 2022 model's. Here's the link and check out this Facebook group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1186...2776873808684/

+1
    There's a couple dealers in Ohio with some allocated units left.

I was able to order mine exactly as I wanted, and they estimate a January arrival based on their allocation. Whether that's true or not, I guess we will see.

I definitely wasn't able to negotiate a price like I was when I bought my 17 GP1800, but on the positive side, I think I'll legitimately be able to sell my 1800 for what I bought it for new, or even a few hundred more.

Crazy market we're in.

+1
    After ordering a GP1800 HO back in December of 20 , only to get shot down in June. I would love to pick up a 22 in the 21 colors. I loved the Black over Lava Red and it would of been a perfect match with my GMC Z71 Black 2 door, short bed.

Thread Information