2002 800 I and 1200 TXI revival... crank no start

Sorry for the long first post, but I am hoping to cover everything.

My aunt just gave me two skis that have been in the underground parking lot of her building for 10 years. Neither has run in all that time. I'm going through them and trying to get things sorted. I know she had an issue with one of them not starting which is why they sat so long after they sold their lake house. I have looked through a lot of threads over the past few days to try and work things out.

The Issue:
    Cranks but will not fire. 0 fuel pressure

Here is what I have done so far:
    -replaced battery
    -tested fuel pressure reading was 0
    -will fire with fresh gas in throttle body, but dies quickly
    -Ran through the tests on this thread ( http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59257) all checked out fine which has me thinking I may need to send in both EMM
    -tested injector voltage both read just over 20V
    - I did ground out pin 40 on the EMM and fuel pump only comes on for one ski. The other does nothing. Even with the ski that is turning on the pump, i have 0 pressure and no fuel in the return line with valve core removed.

My thoughts on the next step:
    I'm thinking i need to order 2 new pumps. I can imagine even the one that i can hear turn on has to be gummed up with the old gas.
    If that doesn't get them to start I think my next step may be to send the EMM in for repair.

Any other suggestions to check before purchasing new parts?

Also the fuel lines appear to be all original on both skis. Any suggestions for aftermarket replacement options?

I saw mention of very few aftermarket fuel pumps that work with these ficht systems, but never saw a name or part number. Is anyone aware of a part number for a new fuel pump?

Thanks in advance

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk!

Seems like you have at least a couple issues there. Pumps not turning on and/or not pumping fuel are likely due to them being stuck/gummed up. You may be able to revive the one that won't spin by pulsing it with direct 12V (@Martincom has posted about this technique previously). Both pumps should be removed and inspected, the screens get clogged per THIS POST.

If you end up needing new pumps, the only aftermarket ones that have shown to be acceptable are described in THIS POST.

You will need to repair/reinforce the fuel pressure regulator on both. This is MANDATORY. See THIS POST, read forward and backward from there.

If you need EMM repair, see THIS POST

By now you may have noticed that pretty much every question has been asked and answered in the forums here

A pro tip, if you go to a google search box and type the search term and then site:greenhulk.net (for example, polaris DI fuel pump site:greenhulk.net), you can harness the power of Google to search the forums.

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Welcome to Greenhulk!

Seems like you have at least a couple issues there. Pumps not turning on and/or not pumping fuel are likely due to them being stuck/gummed up. You may be able to revive the one that won't spin by pulsing it with direct 12V (@Martincom has posted about this technique previously). Both pumps should be removed and inspected, the screens get clogged per THIS POST.

If you end up needing new pumps, the only aftermarket ones that have shown to be acceptable are described in THIS POST.

You will need to repair/reinforce the fuel pressure regulator on both. This is MANDATORY. See THIS POST, read forward and backward from there.

If you need EMM repair, see THIS POST

By now you may have noticed that pretty much every question has been asked and answered in the forums here

A pro tip, if you go to a google search box and type the search term and then site:greenhulk.net (for example, polaris DI fuel pump site:greenhulk.net), you can harness the power of Google to search the forums.

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at those posts. I had seen mention of people using a kawasaki in line regulator in place of going into the tank to complete the repair. Any advantage you are aware of one way or another? Since ill be pulling the pumps there's probably not much in terms of time savings.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLT80 View Post
    using a kawasaki in line regulator in place of going into the tank to complete the repair..
    Do not use the Kawasaki inline pressure regulator. This was briefly recommended, until we realized the fuel pressure was inconsistent. Results varied not just from one regulator to the next, but also from one engine start to the next on the same ski.

The original GH forum posts suggesting the Kawasaki regulator as an option have been edited/updated to say NOT to use it.

Yet somehow, a decade later people are still finding that old info suggesting it is a valid method. It is not, for Polaris Ficht.

The inline Kawasaki fuel pressure regulator is just not compatible with the Polaris Ficht fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Do not use the Kawasaki inline pressure regulator. This was briefly recommended, until we realized the fuel pressure was inconsistent. Results varied not just from one regulator to the next, but also from one engine start to the next on the same ski.

The original GH forum posts suggesting the Kawasaki regulator as an option have been edited/updated to say NOT to use it.

Yet somehow, a decade later people are still finding that ‘old info’ suggesting it is a valid method. It is not, for Polaris Ficht.

The inline Kawasaki fuel pressure regulator is just not compatible with the Polaris Ficht fuel pump.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Thread Information