Angry STX15F 2014 (111 hrs) bogging down at 5000rpm

STX15F 2014 (111 hrs) Issue at medium revs:
    Hi All, I have read the threads (thanks) but have not found this problem. Pls assist? The Ski has been serviced regularly and the previous report on the engine mechanics (compression etc) was a clean bill of health.
    Problem: After riding ski for around 20 to 30 minutes it develops an intermittent problem where the Taco RPMs pulses or flickers (up) and the ski starts to bog down at mid-range around 5000 rpm or around 30 kph until i give it more gas. When I pull the accelerator on hard the issue goes away and perfect running. I noted the problem most when towing the donut at around at 30kph recently.
    Steps so far: Changed Plugs, added Injector cleaner to fuel, pulled out injectors and tested each with 12 volt test (open and close fine) and ran high pressure carb cleaner thru the injectors. Did not check fuel filter at this stage.
    Retest: After riding ski for around 30 minutes the fault reappeared. Once again it was intermittent and appeared at the 5000 rpm range. I tried to make the fault reappear with aggressive left and right movements. I could not bring on the fault. But after running a bit longer at mid speeds 28 to 40 kph it started again. When the fault appeared, I pulled the power on and quickly let the power off the engine dropped back and stalled. Restarted with no problem. I could see at idle the occasional pulse up by one bar on the taco which was very slight. I removed the spark plugs. All of the new plugs had a grey deposit build up on them. Possibly showing LEAN running. Not sure if this is a fuel or electrical problem. Any thoughts? Tx Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6104.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	480389  

STX15F 2014 (111 hrs) Issue - engine miss at 5000 rpm then bogging down

Hi, I need some help. My STX15F 2014 has been serviced regularly and the last report on the engine mechanics (compression etc) was a clean bill of health.
    Problem: After riding ski for around 20 to 30 minutes recently it develops an intermittent problem where the Taco RPMs pulses or flickers and the ski starts to lose power (bogs down) at mid-range around 5000 rpm or around 30 kph. When I pull the accelerator on hard then it immediately gets the power back. I noted the problem most when towing a donut at around 30kph with it surging.
    Steps addressed so far: Changed Plugs, added Injector cleaner to fuel, pulled out injectors and tested each with 12 volt test (open and close fine) and ran carb cleaner thru the injectors (no blockage). Did not check fuel filter at this stage or drained fuel.

Retest: After riding ski for around 30 minutes the fault reappeared. Once again it was intermittent and appeared at the 5000 rpm range. I tried to make the fault reappear with aggressive left and right movements. I could not bring on the fault. But after running a bit longer at mid speeds 28 to 40 kph it started again. When the fault appeared, I pulled the power on and quickly let the power off the engine dropped back and it stalled and needed to be restarted. I could see at idle the occasional pulse up by one bar on the taco which was very slight. I removed the spark plugs. All of the plugs had a grey deposit build up on them. Possibly showing LEAN running. Not sure if this is a fuel or electrical problem. Any thoughts? Tx Paul

Views:	13 
ID:	480402  

STX15F 2014 (111 hrs) bogging down at 5000rpm

STX15F 2014 (111 hrs) Issue:
    I have an STX15F that has been serviced regularly.
    Problem: After riding ski for around 20 to 30 minutes it develops an intermittent problem where the Taco RPMs pulses or flickers and the ski starts to surge/bog down at mid-range around 5000 rpm or around 30 kph. When I pull the accelerator on hard the ski operates normally. If I let full throttle off quickly the engine stalls. Will start up no problems. I noted the problem most when towing the kids around on the donut at around 30kph.
    Steps so far to resolve: Changed Plugs, added Injector cleaner to fuel, changed fuel, checked fuel pump for fouling, pulled out injectors and tested each with 12 volt test (open and close fine) and ran carb cleaner thru the injectors (YT hack). Did not change fuel filter at this stage. Still have problem.
    Not sure if this is a fuel or electrical problem. New plugs had slight grey color but not oily. Any thoughts? Tx Paul

Views:	19 
ID:	480452  

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Check the thread in my signature. Go through the steps and post back once you have done so.

Sean

5. +1 by:

Thanks Sean from down under (AU). Working my way thru the list so appreciate you posting the steps. Thinking it could be an electrical gremlin but see how it goes. Will circle back..Tx Paul

Thread Information