Rebuilding a SS Xi

Hi!

Am in the process of rebuilding an SS xi , engine is out and mostly disassembled , water got in from the drain plug . and there some rust on the crank ,nothing major but i rather put new bearings . plus new gaskets , the last guy did a nice rtv job everywhere .

does anyway knows the bearing numbers for that engine . its a tiffany blue block .

i will send the crank & block for a machine shop , but i rather send the new parts with the engine .
    Last edited by waverunnerlx650; 11-03-2021 at 04:22 AM. Reason: color blind

+1
    Post pics of your crank.

the model JT750be

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	480293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	480294  

+1
    Doesn't look as bad as I expected. Can you rotate the crank and take close-up pictures of the rod bearings? We need to see the needles in the slots. They should be clean and shiny. It would really help if you removed the crank from the crankcase and got pictures of the main bearings, too.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Doesn't look as bad as I expected. Can you rotate the crank and take close-up pictures of the rod bearings? We need to see the needles in the slots. They should be clean and shiny. It would really help if you removed the crank from the crankcase and got pictures of the main bearings, too.
    I have a stuck nut between the cylinder and the block. Heat and wd40, didn't work.the center ones are pitas.

No its stuck, I cannot rotate it, i don't want to cause more damage by using more force.

Cylinder walls, pistons all in good condition, I soaked everything with wd40 but to no luck.

The rust is on the coupler side, am guess the coupler side bearing is jammed.

The ski is a keeper for me, what they call instability, bad balancing, I call fun.

I will try to take more close ups.

+1
    I think you'll have to figure out a way to get it apart. Take it to a dealer or machine shop if necessary.

+1
    For one thing.....WD40 sucks. Buy some real 'penetrating' oil like PB Blaster or something. Have a 14mm boxed end wrench handy and small hammer. Heat the nut for 45 seconds with a propane torch. Spray a bit of penetrant on it. Heat it another 30 seconds. Then put the wrench on and whack it a few times with the hammer. They normally break right loose. If all else fails.....carefully grind through the side of the nut. That will releive enough pressure for it to spin.

Thread Information