+1

Clutch needs warmup?

So, went for probably last ride of the season. Air temp 53°F, water was in the mid 60s. After being at dock a few minutes I went out to do some part pulls to warm up, waiting on the other guys. Couldn’t get more then 5500 rpm, 49 mph…I was like, shit…clutch gone. When I put it up from last ride absolutely no problems. I went in to dock, checked intake grate, was clear, checked all hoses on pressure side of supercharger, good. Decide to try one more pull, and went full power! Not a lick of trouble the remaining 2 hours of the ride, and pulled my best top speed of 82.6 mph. So, obviously not clutch. My question is, can there possibly be a warm up period needed for clutch? I’m hoping it was not the beginnings of clutch failure…

+1
    Sounds like the beginning of clutch failure to me. Sometimes it makes weird noises, sometimes it comes and goes, sometimes it just goes and that's that.
    Time to go Turbo lol

+1
    @Teufelhund Keep us posted on what you learn.
    Wow! 82.6 - serious speed!

+1
    Was most likely my last ride of the year, so it won’t be till spring I’m back in sadly. I will do full stage 2 over winter and then tune and tweak. It was odd, it really felt like how intake grate gets full of weeds, but it was clear…

+1
    I had one do that once right after a OIL change. clutch was fine, then change oil, and first time out. getting on plane it was not there... let off, was puzzeled and then next hit worked fine, and kept working fine since. Chalked it up to the change in lube on the teeth.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I had one do that once right after a OIL change. clutch was fine, then change oil, and first time out. getting on plane it was not there... let off, was puzzeled and then next hit worked fine, and kept working fine since. Chalked it up to the change in lube on the teeth.

haha omg I justtt changed the oil before the ride I’ll hope it was the same thing! And now I’m not out to work this week might still ride coming weekend, debating whether I have enough time to do stage 2 this week…

Thread Information