Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTX vs. RXT-X

GTX vs. RXT-X

Okay, nearly there but I'm just reviewing:

1. I settled on the GTX rather than the RXT-X I originally chose... but I can't remember why What are the actual differences between the two ?

2. I want to do tow sports and the GTX230 seemed like enough but think I'll go for the 300 'just in case' even though I may never use the power. Opinions vary on fuel consumption but the most popular view is that they will all use roughly similar amounts of fuel if driven identically (I know I'm stuck with high octane gas on the 300). Is that silly ? Is the 230 'plenty' of power - I don't care about top speed, only acceleration and power to tow.

3. A depth gauge, cover, and USB seem useful and as an option it seems cheaper to get the 'limited' even if I don't need the other bits (basket, knee pads etc.)

4. Why oh why oh why can't Seadoo do an actual comparison chart for models (probably because they want people to buy more than they need in the absense of clear info!).

+1
    I just browsed the official Sea-Doo website for the '22 models and I thought it was very hard to use. What I was looking for was a simple comparison function to put the GTX and RXT-X specs side by side in a chart form and I couldn't find it. If you know you will be spending a lot of time towing I would look at the Wake models.

Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    I just browsed the official Sea-Doo website for the '22 models and I thought it was very hard to use. What I was looking for was a simple comparison function to put the GTX and RXT-X specs side by side in a chart form
    IKR - exactly my problem!

What is the advantage of the wake models for towing?
    I won't do a lot of time towing - maybe 10-20% of the time on the water, but I'm not sure why that would be the justification as, during that 10-20% I still want adequate performance/fun.

Okay, update. I have spoken to my very patient dealer.

The differences between the GTX and RXT seem to be minimal. The RXT apparently has a more aggressive hull shape, so performance may be slightly higher but throws more water up and it has only one engine option (300hp). Doesn't seem to be much else.

Also, we decided that I really don't need the 300hp - 230 should be plenty, nor do I need the 'Limited' edition which gives you depthfinder, a storage organiser in the trunk, colour screen, cover, knee pads and the USB port. I want USB, the cover and depthfinder, so when I add that onto the GTX230, the difference in price from the GTX300 limited is $4000 - for some extra HP a basket and knee pads The colour screen looked nice, but not useful enough to justify $4000. I can add a garmin for a quarter of that if I really need maps later.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandBrit View Post
    Okay, update. I have spoken to my very patient dealer.

The differences between the GTX and RXT seem to be minimal. The RXT apparently has a more aggressive hull shape, so performance may be slightly higher but throws more water up and it has only one engine option (300hp). Doesn't seem to be much else.

Also, we decided that I really don't need the 300hp - 230 should be plenty, nor do I need the 'Limited' edition which gives you depthfinder, a storage organiser in the trunk, colour screen, cover, knee pads and the USB port. I want USB, the cover and depthfinder, so when I add that onto the GTX230, the difference in price from the GTX300 limited is $4000 - for some extra HP a basket and knee pads The colour screen looked nice, but not useful enough to justify $4000. I can add a garmin for a quarter of that if I really need maps later.

The dealer is incorrect the rxt and gtx share the same st3 hull, agree you don't need the 300 to tow some toys .

Quote Originally Posted by 711jrp View Post
    The dealer is incorrect the rxt and gtx share the same st3 hull, agree you don't need the 300 to tow some toys .
    So what IS the difference?

And when you say "some" toys, which toys would be unsatisfactory on a 230 ?

+1
    IKR - exactly my problem!

What is the advantage of the wake models for towing?
    I won't do a lot of time towing - maybe 10-20% of the time on the water, but I'm not sure why that would be the justification as, during that 10-20% I still want adequate performance/fun.
    If you're focused on tow sports, I have a 2013 Tige Z3 with only 288hrs for sale 100k cdn. That would solve your towing dilemma, FYI towing anyone above 50lbs behind a ski sucks.

+1
    They can tow what you want just fine, we have a two man para and an 8 man banana and ski pulls either of those. Legality might be an issue where you are though.

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    If you're focused on tow sports, I have a 2013 Tige Z3 with only 288hrs for sale 100k cdn. That would solve your towing dilemma, FYI towing anyone above 50lbs behind a ski sucks.
    I don't know enough about skis to buy a used one and know what I'm looking at.

+1
    I don't know enough about skis to buy a used one and know what I'm looking at.
    It's a competition wake surf boat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information