Can someone help a new 150 ultra owner?

I am new to jetskis i have a 2004 150 ultra. It hauls it across the water. My problem is the battery was low so i tried to use a jumper box to jump it. Well down in that hole i got mixed up or something because i reversed the cables. So my neg from box going to postitve of battery. A couple pushes of the button later it clicks when i push it. I changed battery then solonoid relay but still get only a click coming from box with relay in it. Hoping its not the starter. Is there a fuse? Or maybe the black thing next to relay i guess rectifier? Possibly have the solinoid hooked up wrong? I tried to jump the relay but if it is not hooked up right would it still work? Thx for any help.

+1
    Welcome aboard, Whoevruwant!

I love the Ultra 150, but it can be a handful for a beginner. Not only is it fast, but it's relatively high maintenance and finicky.

In answer to your question, there should be a circuit breaker in the harness in the engine bay. It's near the front on my '99, but I know they moved it in later years. It doesn't really look like a circuit breaker, it's a rubber covered thing in the middle of the wiring. There are actually two of them, one for the main circuit, one for the electric trim. I thought that popping the main breaker would prevent the starting circuit from doing anything, could be wrong.

Before you ride again, please inspect your oil lines very carefully for security and to make sure they are not brittle. They can split or fall off when they get old.

Here's a fairly recent thread that has a lot of good info: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=289841

If you plan to do any wrenching on it at all, get a service manual! There are definitely some things you have to know if you work on the engine, even the starter.

Not sure what you are refering to. The box is behind battery where the click comes from. It has what i understand is the rectifier and the solonoid relay. I changed battery and relay. Is that the relay you speak of. The one that the battery goes to?

+1
    I didn't mention a relay. I was speaking of a circuit breaker that you may have popped when you hooked the cables up backwards.

Ill check it out. Not sure there is a circuit breaker between battery and the box but i will check first thing. Thx

+1
    There isn't a circuit breaker between the battery and the starter relay. There should be a breaker between the battery and the circuit that operates the starter relay. That said, if it's clicking, then I believe it's OK. I don't have the schematic here to look at.

If you hook the big wires up backwards to the relay, it won't work. However, I don't know if you can physically install the relay in the box wrong.

Thread Information