2011 Seadoo RXT iS 260 PTO Side Spline Pattern?

Hi guys, long time reader but first time poster. I've searched the forums but haven't been able to find any info. Called my dealer, he didn't know either. Does anyone know the spline pattern on a 2011 Seadoo Rxt 260 iS? I'm just trying to make a tool that I can stick into the PTO to spin the motor with my impact, rather than put a monkey wrench on the driveshaft, or hook the starter up to a battery. Maybe a tool like this already exists? I haven't been able to find one. My impeller tool is too big. The 260 driveshaft has two different spline sizes on each end. I don't want to spend $150 on a used driveshaft just to cut the PTO side off and weld a nut to it. Seems a little bit drastic. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I don’t Believe any factory tool like the one you’re describing exists. However, it’s not necessary. With the plugs removed, you can insert the driveshaft and the motor should spin by hand pretty easy.

Well, I've rebuilt a decent amount of motors around the farm, and I've never experienced one that rolled over by hand easily. I didn't think anything of it after I rebuilt this motor. Maybe I've got a bigger problem to worry about lol! I've got the head on, both oil pumps, and the supercharger so I'm sure that's not helping. I know I've got good compression too.

I was just looking to make a tool to put on the end of a breaker bar, or my impact so I didn't have to wire up a switch or rip my battery out of the hull to roll the motor over and check oil pressure, compression, and tolerances. Oh well, maybe I'll just break out the calipers and try to find a local machine shop who wants a project. Appreciate your help!

No worries. Also to your point, each time I’ve had these apart and used the driveshaft to turn over the motor in the method above I have had the PTO removed and obviously the supercharger as well.

buy a prop tool of an older n/a 4 stroke

Thread Information