Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnied View Post
    Yeah I got the popping fixed, I'm just trying to figure out the rpm jump now. Thanks
    Triples can be fun trying to dial them in

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesyfxr View Post
    Triples can be fun trying to dial them in
    I've been pretty close to cutting a hole in the side of the ski so I can tune it while it's actually running haha. taking that exhaust out just to turn a screw an 1/8 of a turn is such a pita

+1
    The rpm thing, there really isn't a "issue" or a "resolution". Its the nature of the beast. The NPVs have an even more pronounced kick, but the PV motors tame it a little due to the nature of the PV operation. About the only 2 stroke skis I've ridden that didn't have this are fuel injected models. Cant speak for the GP1300R though, haven't ridden that model yet.

+1
    I've been pretty close to cutting a hole in the side of the ski so I can tune it while it's actually running haha. taking that exhaust out just to turn a screw an 1/8 of a turn is such a pita
    I have gorilla arms and it's still hard for me to reach #1 lows.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderteen View Post
    The rpm thing, there really isn't a "issue" or a "resolution". Its the nature of the beast. The NPVs have an even more pronounced kick, but the PV motors tame it a little due to the nature of the PV operation. About the only 2 stroke skis I've ridden that didn't have this are fuel injected models. Cant speak for the GP1300R though, haven't ridden that model yet.
    Alright you're the third person to tell me it's normal so I'll learn to live with it. Thank you very much.
    Also out ouf curiosity do you think it would help lighten the jump in rpm if I got a pv controller and made them open up a little sooner?

+1
    Alright you're the third person to tell me it's normal so I'll learn to live with it. Thank you very much.
    Also out of curiosity do you think it would help lighten the jump in rpm if I got a pv controller and made them open up a little sooner?
    This is also a problem on Yamaha 2-stroke boats. When towing someone, I set one engine below the transition point, and the other above it. I use the higher speed engine to control the boat speed. Turning scrubs off the speed considerably, so you're always adjusting the throttle. It takes a little practice.

I can see that it could be a challenge on a Waverunner with only one engine. I have not noticed this phenomenon on the Kawasaki 2-strokes and don't have much experience with the SeaDoos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information