Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Just an update on this thread for anyone following. I still have NOT fixed this machine!!! I tore it back down, and it looked like the crank was out of phase, but unless you actually have it measured, or its WAY WAY out of phase you can't really tell. So....obtained a good used crank for it, dropped it in, still same issue. No power from rear cylinder. Also seems to be making less than optimum power from middle cylinder, but that one is definitely making power. The 66v should crank on one cylinder only, and this one will crank on the front cylinder only. So...after swapping cranks with no success, I swapped the front electronics (entire front cover with everything), and it still will not work!!! So, I'm down to pulling the carbs apart again. The plug looks wet when you pull it, but that could just be a little vapor condensing on the plug after the motor stops turning. And yes, the carbs have been rebuilt and jetted to OSB's recipe. I've swapped known good coils and a known good ECU out of my personal ski, so I know those are not causing an issue. I always rebuild carbs the same way each time....but I guess I'm kinda hoping I missed something on these, because I'm tired of working on it!! LOL! Anyway, when I do get the issue resolved I'll post back, and I think this one is gonna be an example of paying attention to detail, because obviously I missed something on it! (The carbs are the last thing I have not rechecked).

+1
    Wow, sorry to hear the woes.
    Trying to think of what could be missed, you have spark, good crank, fresh carbs, good compression, seems to have fuel - hmmm...
    What about the pulse lines? Possibly clogged up passages somehow or cracks in the lines if they haven't been replaced? Know it's a stretch but what else do you have to check?!? Just a thought, this one's a head scratcher...

+1
    Well.......if you're working on these things, you're gonna lose your a$$ on at least one every season. I've just come to accept that.

+1
    Has new pulse lines. Maybe I missed something in the carbs. Thats where I'm zeroing in on next. And yep....I've lost my rear end on this one big time!

+1
    We've talked in the past, I've read your write-ups, you don't miss much... Was going to mention verifying pulse but after re-reading that doesn't seem to be an issue. At a loss on this, gremlins can be frustrating as F...
    Will it run one all cyls individually using a lil' fuel straight into the jugs w clean plugs? Think Myself mentioned trying this to point the prob to either fuel or fire, maybe give that a go?
    Last edited by jeffg426690; 11-29-2021 at 11:04 PM.

+1
    Another update....finally got it solved, and it was an attention to detail screw up!!!! Pulled carbs, opened the diaphragm cover on the suspect carb, and found the seat popped out of the hole. There was no hold down screw laying in the valley, so I can only assume I forgot to install it. (This is the updated large head screw that comes in the rebuild kits to replace the fork). I ultimately found out it was flooding by unseating the spark plug, then screwing it down until the gasket contacted the head, then cranked it. After a few seconds liquid fuel came bubbling out from under the gasket. At that point I knew I had found my problem! So to wrap this one up....the lesson is always pay attention to detail!

+1
    The good thing is........after all this extra time and aggrevation, you'll NEVER make that mistake again!

Thanks for letting us know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information