Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkg3k View Post
    When I hit it with the air...I do get a nice long water string out of the pisser.
    Interesting.

What year is your VXR?

Is that water that was residing in a sagging droop of hose between the hull side exit and the engine?

Was the hull sitting with the bow high or bow low?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Interesting.
    What year is your VXR? 2013

Is that water that was residing in a sagging droop of hose between the hull side exit and the engine? No Idea...never really thought about tracing it.

Was the hull sitting with the bow high or bow low? Level

+1
    What year is your VXR? 2013

Ö
    I am not so familiar with the VXR model prior to the current generation which began in 2015.

Your 2013 has essentially the same 1.8 liter HO engine as the current VXR.

Not sure whether the version of the oil cooler or engine manifold used back then drained water any differently.
    Your 6BH-13470-20 does look similar to my 6BH-13470-30

The Yamaha Ownerís Manual for 2013 VXR does not mention draining water at all.
    I have not looked at the service manual for that year.

https://cdn2.yamaha-motor.eu/prod/ow...8199-72-E0.pdf

The Yamaha Owner’s Manual for 2013 VXR does not mention draining water at all.
    I have not looked at the service manual for that year.
    I bought the ski new in 2013...I have several manuals to include the owners, service, technical updates, parts catalog, etc.

As far as the instruction for draining the water from the engine...see pg 72, #9 on the left column of the owners manual.

+1
    Ö pg 72, #9 on the left column of the owners manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha 2013 WaveRunner VXR Owners Manual
    Discharge the remaining water out of the cooling water passages by alternately squeezing and releasing the throttle lever quickly for 10 to 15 seconds.
    Well, blipping the throttle is a widely known method for clearing the exhaust system of water.

I suppose that could also, somehow, assist with clearing the cooling water system?

Well, blipping the throttle is a widely known method for clearing the exhaust system of water.

I suppose that could also, somehow, assist with clearing the cooling water system?
    Never said the manual had a comprehensive method -or- the it's whole of what I do...but draining the water is in the 2013 owners manual. Like I wrote initially...blipping the throttle and hitting the system with compressed air works for me. YMMV

+1
    Just an FYI....if you run a Fizzle with its own water supply it will not self drain. I use compressed air to blow any water left in it back into the supply line, and then out of the pump area.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    Just an FYI....if you run a Fizzle with its own water supply it will not self drain. I use compressed air to blow any water left in it back into the supply line, and then out of the pump area.
    Why wouldnt it drain? I know mine drains. it takes a while before water starts coming out when i first start up.

+1
    Of note….

Even IF there is some water and it freezes, I don’t see GI it would cause an issue as it would just expanded a bit Into an air void. Picture a cup of water with a small amount of water. Then freeze it. The cup is not going to crack.

Most people that I see the use AF don’t even do it properly. Heck, many just gravity drain it. It’s not going anywhere other then out the exhaust. I mean AF won’t hurt anything at all….it just doesn’t do anything either unless there is standing water in a line ans you can actually replace that water with AF.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    Why wouldnt it drain? I know mine drains. it takes a while before water starts coming out when i first start up.
    Whenever I drain mine using air pressure I've always got a slug of water out of it...I've always assumed it did not self drain. It probably will if the ski is turned nose up, which I have not tried.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information