Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    +1
    Okay so no updates on sensor tests of running yet haven't mmade it back to the shop...but soon..I noticed the miss fire or surge was getting worse last test.

So I ordered champion plugs not easy to get here and I'm wawaiting on those....will test all the sensors....hopefully get some indication what is causing this

Some parts came in...a fresh 2222 prop...and the hard to find red bumper insert

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aZ0779N.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	479574

Name:	6WvEaNm.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	479575

+1
    Your "miss" symptoms are identical to what I experienced with NGK plugs. The QC10PEP Champions resolved that issue.

Also, K447 has information, within his info pages, regarding the flame arrestor (air cleaner in appearance) bolt hole stiffening boss digging into the top of the intake air temp sensor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    Your "miss" symptoms are identical to what I experienced with NGK plugs. The QC10PEP Champions resolved that issue.

Also, K447 has information, within his info pages, regarding the flame arrestor (air cleaner in appearance) bolt hole stiffening boss digging into the top of the intake air temp sensor.
    yes I noticed this im going to trim the flame arrestor cover....were your plugs black as well? I'll try the champions when they arrive and test the sensors as well. .really hoping I can get it figured out

+1
    Probably, I don't remember. I purchased one of the 2003 Virage i new. I had trouble with misses almost immediately. I replaced the NGKs with Champions and I had no troubles after that. Whenever I acquire another Direct Inject watercraft, replacing the NGKs with Champions is part of the winter bow to stern go through I perform. I did not do this in the first MSX140 that I sold the following spring. It wasn't two weeks after I sold it and I received an email about it missing. It was the NGKs.

If they're missing, the fuel/air mix will not burn or not burn fully. Black plugs will result. Unlike a carb engine, the direct injection has no serviceable adjustments. It either works or it doesn't, for the most part. A temp sensor will log a fault code viewable with the diagnostic software or the LED tool. A high or an open reading of the coolant temp sensor will trigger the SLOW mode, limiting RPMs to 1600. Of course, plug wires and coils have been known to fail.

You must have some hide on you. I'm strictly a fair weather rider. All my watercraft come out of the water on Labor Day weekend.

+1
    What's the part number on that bumper insert?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by savageman69 View Post
    ...the hard to find red bumper insert

I no longer have any Polaris rub rail inserts on hand here, but just looking at the photo I am wondering if the Polaris material profile is the same as Yamaha uses on my current ride.

If someone can post a clear photo of the cross section profile with accurate mm dimensions I will compare with a Yamaha rub rail insert I have here. If they are close enough, Yamaha prices are moderate for this sort of thing and several colors are available. I changed the rub rail colors on our Yamaha and have the factory original inserts tucked away here (somewhere).

+1
    radio-active,

I have the red Polaris, identical to that pictured, NIB. Make me a reasonable offer and its yours.

PN: 2874882

+1
    I wanted the part number so I could noodle around here looking for a part number for a blue version, which I found. 2874881. That's the part I'll be looking for... but thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by radio-active View Post
    … looking … for a blue version …
    I think this is Yamaha F2X-U2519-80-00.

Blue insert for the rub rail on several 2017-2020 VX_ blue models

If the profile is close enough to what Polaris used then you might find a Yamaha color you like.

Name:	550C124B-53E6-421E-AF61-D0E542DC2BF8.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	479618

+1
    I'll do some measurements when I get to the shop and pull the bumper strip out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information