2003 Kawasaki STX-12F Fuel pump

I just bought my first jetski at 18! A 2003 Kawasaki STX-12F but it needs a fuel pump and a battery, and I was wondering if someone could link me a fuel pump so I can make sure I dont buy the wrong one?

+1
    Welcome aboard, jxcob!

You can find the correct fuel pump by clicking on the blue button near the stop of this page. There are a number of other online sources as well. These suppliers will only sell you the complete assembly. If you just need the motor part of the assembly, I saw one listed on Ebay yesterday. The Kawasaki pump uses an automotive pump, but I don't remember who makes it. There have been several posts here on GH about automotive replacements. Do a search.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jxcob View Post
    I just bought my first jetski at 18! A 2003 Kawasaki STX-12F but it needs a fuel pump and a battery, and I was wondering if someone could link me a fuel pump so I can make sure I dont buy the wrong one?
    you would be well advised to drain all the old fuel and clean the tank, again, this sort of issue is covered in depth in the forum.

failure to take this important step will lead to engine failure

these skis are very touch about running on old fuel

there are other informative threads on making these skis last, I suggest while you are waiting for your pump to arrive you read some of them

it will be time very well spent!

as far as a battery, the forum favorite is the DEKA AGM. anything else is a false economy

the oem fuel pump $700 but this one https://www.highflowfuel.com/quantum...es-49040-3718/ is $70 im assuming this is a piece of garbge or isnt the right part?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the oem fuel pump is certainly pricey, so is getting stuck a few miles from shore

and for a shop the liability issues are so huge that the only pump I would install for a customer would be an oem one.

however, I just replaced the fuel pump on my 94 jeep with an aftermarket unit which coincidentally has the same pressure and flow rate as the kaw pump

cost me $22

how much of a deal did you get on this ski?

replacing the pump itself is simple, and tricky at the same time

mistakes can have explosive results

plenty of folks have used aftermarket pumps without any real issues, except in certain applications, like DI seadoos

the choice is yours

i
    have
    spoken

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I have had good luck from using genuine walbro gss342 pumps with the install kits. I also just picked up a quantum set for a 12f I am working on and it seems to be of reasonable quality.

I am working on a replacement part for the fuel canister/pump holder and hoping to be testing that in the next few weeks depending on available time.

Sean

Sean, is this a legitimate replacement? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GF183MY...roduct_details
    I believe the reported part number applies to the 12f.

+1
    I did the https://www.highflowfuel.com/quantum...es-49040-3718/ as you stated on my 2006, so far so good i had to reuse one of the old pieces I dont remember what one but i emailed them to let them know so im sure i have the email still if you go that route, I can look it up. They responded back for me to add a fuse to the power circuit which i did but wasnt listed on the direction. but seems to work ok id recommend them.

Thread Information