Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

2018 FX SVHO a little squirly at 74 mph

So this year a added a MaptunerX stock tune and a Riva intake grate. Also sealed the pump and new grate. I donít know if itís the additional 5-6 mph or the new Riva intake grate but at top speed (74-75 mph) it seems to be a bit floaty and kind of gently and ever so slightly wanders. I probably would never think twice about it at slower speeds (My old Wave Raider was a handful at times) but at 74+ mph Iím a little concerned that I may have an issue that needs to be addressed before I make any more mods, add any more speed or someone gets hurt. I canít accurately put it into words but Iím hoping some of you guys might have an idea of what Iím talking about.
    Thanks
    Bill

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    My understanding is that the generation of FX hulls that I think includes your model year FX was known to have squirrelly handling at speeds much above stock.

Riva has a ride plate * that in part was designed to correct the unacceptable handling with the stock ride plate.

Somewhere on here are several threads with more details regarding the need for a fix for the stock FX hull handling when aftermarket/tuned speeds are happening.

* I do not recall whether the Riva fix was a combo of ride plate and intake grate.

+1
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. When I searched all I found was threads talking about the 2019 hulls and up. I wasn’t able to find any threads on the 2018 generation of FX hulls. I’m sure my phrasing in the search criteria has something to do with that since I seem to always have a problem with that.

+1