2022 fx svho best mods?

I've been researching alot on the best few mods to optimize and unlock the skis potential. 2022 FX svho

I just recently came across Dean's and jl performance. I'm sure there are more out there that I still dont know about.. Looking for honest reviews and experiences.

Mods I was thinking about getting.
    Riva stage 1
    Ribbon delete
    Riva intake
    Riva Intake grate

Thanks

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome.

Green Hulk has been posting YouTube videos and how-to articles on here for the SVHO engine. Look for the Greenhulk Garage channel.

Riva has an excellent tune library and flexible tune system using the compact MapTunerX device. Very easy to select, install and change tunes. Takes a few minutes and can even be done on the water.

No extra cost to change tunes and you have access to all the SVHO tunes in the library.

You can purchase the Riva products through the GH Performance store, link is at the top of this forum.

The new FX hull is different from prior generations. Pay close attention to the ride plate recommendations for your model year hull. Especially as you increase top speed.

Thank you @k447

Cant wait to see the redesigned 2022 ride plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome.

Green Hulk has been posting YouTube videos and how-to articles on here for the SVHO engine. Look for the Greenhulk Garage channel.

Riva has an excellent tune library and flexible tune system using the compact MapTunerX device. Very easy to select, install and change tunes. Takes a few minutes and can even be done on the water.

No extra cost to change tunes and you have access to all the SVHO tunes in the library.

You can purchase the Riva products through the GH Performance store, link is at the top of this forum.

The new FX hull is different from prior generations. Pay close attention to the ride plate recommendations for your model year hull. Especially as you increase top speed.
    Quick question on the maptuner, can you only use the tuner on a single ski or can I borrow a buddies tuner and map my ski with it?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    … only use the tuner on a single ski or can I borrow a buddies tuner and map my ski with it?
    The MapTunerX tuner box can be used on any number of engines and hold many tune licenses. The tune licenses are assigned one per ECU serial number.

You buy the tune license ‘unlocked’, load it into the PC software and via USB into the box, then upon first connection to the untuned ECU * the new tune license is ‘code locked’ to the ECU serial number. After that the tune license is only valid for use with that ECU.

You can transfer the tune license to another box (should you buy your own MaptunerX box later, for example) but the actual tune license remains linked to the same ECU.

* You will need the correct cable/plug to link the MaptunerX box to your watercraft ECU. Yamaha has used a couple of different ECU plugs depending on the model and the year.

Once the 2022 models hit the water, its only guesswork apart from the tunes

+1
    Ride plate and a tune are the first two mods i'd recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    Ride plate and a tune are the first two mods i'd recommend.
    Would there be any benefit to having a intake with an 8000 rpm (speed limit remover) Riva Tune?

I have the ride plate, but am waiting until the season is over as my shop has a turn around time of 2-3 weeks right now.
    I will never do any mod past a 8000 rpm tune & ride plate. I was thinking to add a Macboost Intake or Worx intake if there would be any ( even if its minimal, not mph but maybe acceleration) benefit.

If anyone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Retainers, with the tune allowing you to spin some RPMS is going to be big bang for the buck.

Thread Information