New 07 FX HO Cruiser Owner and a few random questions

nt
    Last edited by TheGrayt1; 10-23-2021 at 04:01 PM.

It should hit high 50's. Seems a bit low on speed.

It fires right up and runs smooth, got any ideas on why it might be a little down on top speed and what fixes might be?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrayt1 View Post
    I bought a 07 FX cruiser HO with 49 hours on it and have a few random questions. How is the reliability of this model compared to the VX110? I need to buy a few replacement parts for it and curios where the best place is for used/new parts is, I need a gas cap as mine is cracjed, a replacement hood as there is a big ding on mine, new decals, etc. Also what should the top speed on this ski be? When I tested it I got it just to about 50 mph GPS confirmed. Oil looks new but not sure on how old spark plugs are. Any other comments on this ski is welcome.

Also I got it for $4k with a double trailer, seems like a steal based on NADA value but let me know what you think.
    Properly maintained they are great ski"s. Definitely recommend new plugs,oil and replace the air filter with a riva or prok metal mesh. Familiarize yourself with how to properly read the oil level,that is a dry sump oiling system not a conventional pan with a stick.They run about 58mph. What rpm were you seeing? Healthy they turn 10,000 rpm. 4k is a great buy

+1
    It fires right up and runs smooth, got any ideas on why it might be a little down on top speed and what fixes might be?
    If your seeing 10k rpm at 50mph. You most likely have a worn impeller/ impeller housing tolerance. If your not seeing 10k. Replace the plugs(ngk cr9eb) and run it next trip out with no air filter. Very common for the stock paper element filter to become compromised robbing significant rpm's

So I just pulled the plugs and it looks like they have NGK CR6E plugs in there. Is that the wrong plug? I have some Champion plugs left over from another Yamaha ski but not sure if these will work G59C? If not I will go get the right NGK plug
    Last edited by TheGrayt1; 09-21-2021 at 11:34 AM.

That CR9E is different than CR9EB. You must run the plug that it calls for.

Scroll to fitment and your engine is listed for CR9EB. https://www.ngk.com/ngk-6955-cr9eb-nickel-spark-plug

Quote Originally Posted by LivingSlow View Post
    That CR9E is different than CR9EB. You must run the plug that it calls for.

Scroll to fitment and your engine is listed for CR9EB. https://www.ngk.com/ngk-6955-cr9eb-nickel-spark-plug

Thanks! Do you know if those Champion plugs that I have laying around will work as well? Champion 654 G59C

Also I noticed the flush fitting female end is missing going into the factory flush hose. Anyone know the part number for that fitting that you can take the cap on and off of?
    Last edited by TheGrayt1; 09-22-2021 at 01:58 PM.

+1
    I fixed up a basketcase '06 for my wife. Recently found out the trim cables were on backwards. What I thought was full trim up was actually planting the nose.....that'll rob a few mph!
    Ours runs 57mph on GPS at a bit under 10k rpm.

Thanks! Do you know if those Champion plugs that I have laying around will work as well? Champion 654 G59C

Also I noticed the flush fitting female end is missing going into the factory flush hose. Anyone know the part number for that fitting that you can take the cap on and off of?
    I don't normally sway away from oem specifications but heat range and diameter is the same as the cr9eb.

Thread Information