Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is it too late???

Got a ski that the lift fell over  and sank the ski. Dealership got it out and checked it over and totaled the ski. I brought it home and took the oil out of it this am and found it like this. Is it too late for me to save the ski. Can I change the oil three or for times till it turns clear. Do I run the motor in the lake with the oil cap off and try to boil out the water then change the oil again
    Any help or past experiences much appreciatedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210919_115554604.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	478650

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What year and model?
    How many running hours?

How long has the water been inside the engine?

How long was the ski underwater?

Have you (or the dealer) opened and drained all the water from the engine air intake system?

Is it too late???

Got a ski that the lift fell over  and sank the ski. Dealership got it out and checked it over and totaled the ski. I brought it home and took the oil out of it this am and found it like this. Is it too late for me to save the ski. Can I change the oil three or for times till it turns clear. Do I run the motor in the lake with the oil cap off and try to boil out the water then change the oil again
    Any help or past experiences much appreciatedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210919_115554604.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	478650

It's a 2015 GTX 155 S not sure how long it was in nder or how much water was even in it. I got it from a client who I work for. The dealership changed the oil and got it started ran it on a hose but it still was draining the battery so they totaled the ski. I got it and want to try and save it. It doesn't have a ton of hours like 38 or so

Checking the air intake now to see what's happened there. I really appreciate the input wondering if I should take it to the lake and run it with the oil filler cap off to try and boil the water out I have read that someplace just trying to get input

Just dealt with the same flooded ski from a customer. Sat under for four days. Drain intake hoses and manifold, drain supercharger if applies. Change oil. Took 8oil changes. Boil out produces using buds to monitor temp. Then supercharger rebuild. The shop manaul states all steps

Will get a shop manual Monday for not I will drain the intake make sure it's dry at least no super charger to worry about just need to get clean oil in it and water out of the engine hope for the best

Checking the intake you mean the air intake right. I don't have a super charger so that's a good thing.

Pm for a shop manual

+1
    Salt or fresh water?

If it was saltwater than I'd be really concerned about all the wiring and electronics.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information