Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Fresh water thank God. Going to the dealership to find out what all they did. I got a little over 2.4 quarts of that milky oil out now I am putting the same amount back in. Is it ok to start without it on the hose? Back left of the ski as I face the back there is a hose hook up. Should I use this after I start it Is it better to take it to the lake. I seen where the carbon seal doesn't get lubrication on the hose

This is where I hook up the hose rightClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210919_145824701.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	478663
    Last edited by j-wadd; 09-19-2021 at 02:06 PM. Reason: No pic

Oil changed four times. I started it let it run till the temp alarm came on then sucked out a little over 2.5 quarts each time. Going to get more oil and repeat this till it gets clear. I want to take it to the lake and run it with the oil cap off does that sound like a good idea?

+1
    This is just my opinion but if I personally were to attempt a boil out I would find a way to keep the carbon seal cool while running on trailer, like wetting it with a hose or keeping it submerged in water from inside the hull. From my understanding the only way to get engine hot enough is to have the ride plate out of the water but temporarily so be careful not to ignore high temp warnings. A really great SeaDoo tech told me that the ticket to boiling one out on the water was to spend as much time as possible making sharp turns keeping ride plate out of water as much as possible & changing the oil over & over until no signs of water. That's where I drew my conclusions. RR

Yes sir I plan to just keep changing it till it gets clear then taking it out on tbe lake. I wo der if there are any additives that take out water like seafoam or mystery oil???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j-wadd View Post
    Yes sir I plan to just keep changing it till it gets clear then taking it out on tbe lake. I wo der if there are any additives that take out water like seafoam or mystery oil???
    Don't do that. Just used cheap motorcyle oil. Once it's running it will burn off any small amounts of water.

Nice find, I have the same ski and really like the suspension. I just picked up a 2003 GTX 185 that ingested some water and made the oil milky. I changed the oil 3 or 4 times using used oil leftover from my F150 oil changes. I did those oil changes in the driveway, ran the ski for a minute on the hose, repeat, then once the oil looked ok I took it to the launch and ran it for 30 minutes in the water. The oil still looks good, so now I am going to change it again, install a new filter, then take it for a ride and beat on it.

I am going to try just that. I figure four more times after it starts looking ok then take it to the lake and run it there. I still have to leave the key in it them pull the square relay in the back fuse panel to get it to beep twice then it will start. I figure it's still got water in my connection someplace not sure on this one

Got pretty decent looking oil now on my 7th oil change. I have a draw on the battery so I have been in hooking it for the night. If I pull the five prong relay and plug it back in it lets me start the ski. What are some of the connection I should start taking apart and did electric greasing so it doesn't draw from the battery once the key is removed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j-wadd View Post
    Got pretty decent looking oil now on my 7th oil change. I have a draw on the battery so I have been in hooking it for the night. If I pull the five prong relay and plug it back in it lets me start the ski. What are some of the connection I should start taking apart and did electric greasing so it doesn't draw from the battery once the key is removed
    If its been sunk, ALL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information