Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    He ran basically back to back same conditions and for close to the same RPM he went slower.

Taking the seat off isn't going to change that...not to mention that's so JP Racing.
    Jp is a tool for one

second thing to think about is Shallower pitch angle makes sense for slower speed. Shallower pitch angle does not make sense for same rpm. Something is choking motor back.

+1
    Ran today, full tank, belly full from lunch, 8200 occasionally saw blip to 8300. I"m guessing higher 82XX range. 77 one way 75.68gps, 78(blips to 79) 76.47 gps the other. 5-60 3.7X seconds. 82F water, 80air, salt water....stock prop
    I'm basically running very close to Your numbers in very similar conditions... but, low on fuel.

Could not break 77 gps (76.9) @ 8300 with a couple blips to 8400 (78 with the occasional 79 showing on dash). Freshwater lake trimmed all the way up seems fastest.

Just like on here, friends listing all my potential issues and just like jsmith, I keep asking them how I am running 8300 rpm with a corrupt tune, air starved engine or squirrel hanging out the intake grate?

Was hoping to hear better news about this prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    I'm basically running very close to Your numbers in very similar conditions... but, low on fuel.

Could not break 77 gps (76.9) @ 8300 with a couple blips to 8400 (78 with the occasional 79 showing on dash). Freshwater lake trimmed all the way up seems fastest.

Just like on here, friends listing all my potential issues and just like jsmith, I keep asking them how I am running 8300 rpm with a corrupt tune, air starved engine or squirrel hanging out the intake grate?

Was hoping to hear better news about this prop.
    Yah I wouldn't expect them to be that far off in speed. 60lbs or (10 gallons) is 2mph all day long on every ski i've had. If it's not wear ring or impeller related I got nothing. Is your tabs and ride plate look fitted correctly. I can tell you just a little shimming on the tabs will cause some good drag. I'd just inspect the bottom real good, grate, make sure your nose cone on your impeller didn't spin off...I"ve had that happen a couple of times.

+1

+1
    Yah I wouldn't expect them to be that far off in speed. 60lbs or (10 gallons) is 2mph all day long on every ski i've had. If it's not wear ring or impeller related I got nothing. Is your tabs and ride plate look fitted correctly. I can tell you just a little shimming on the tabs will cause some good drag. I'd just inspect the bottom real good, grate, make sure your nose cone on your impeller didn't spin off...I"ve had that happen a couple of times.
    I hear Ya. Everything looks good to me, just like a brand new ski should... I'll climb under there again and have a good long look at everything.

+1
    You forgot the part where your walked 3 miles through snow up hill both ways to kindergarten.
    You're not far off on that!

Some basic items need to be addressed: ensure engine alignment is spot on, same for intake grate and ride plate, fill ride plate holes, check steering, get air into the hull.

+1
    He ran basically back to back same conditions and for close to the same RPM he went slower.

Taking the seat off isn't going to change that...not to mention that's so JP Racing.

Are you sure about that?? Seat and platform off big difference

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin RXT-X View Post
    Context may have got lost along the way, Nice of you take time out of your busy day and stop by the thread on page 9.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin RXT-X View Post
    If You're already turning the proper rpm then it would stand to reason that the engine is not starved for air, hence no need to remove the seat or platform in order to induce more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    If You're already turning the proper rpm then it would stand to reason that the engine is not starved for air, hence no need to remove the seat or platform in order to induce more.
    My original point was seat off/seat on doesn't matter for the test...long as everything is basically equal when testing the impellers.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information