Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith7364 View Post
    So, with new impeller 13/15 it hits 8200 rpm and 74 on the dash. It was mid to low 80’s with low humidity in the DFW area. So I dropped 200 rpm but gained +2 mph. Which is still lower than a stock impeller and scom. Yet it is running the stage 2 8500 aggressive throttle response riva tune. New impeller, new wear ring, intake, catch can, intake girdle. Granted it was a full tank and I am 215lbs but it should be doing better than this. Nothing wrong with the pump, using the riva pump gasket. Nothing causing drag with the hull that I can see. I am getting the correct rpm so the temps should not be the issue.
    What ski are you running?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    I tested this prop back to back on a 21 t with a 21 p prop did about 10-15 minutes of ridding around , top speed 85 at 9k vs my p stock props 88-89 at same 9k any one interested in a new used prop $50 cheaper than retail.

That's a little disappointing. Sounding like another hyped up impeller like they did with the SRZ 15/25.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    That's a little disappointing. Sounding like another hyped up impeller like they did with the SRZ 15/25.
    This is where data from one of those pump mounted dynos could help rate the performance

Back when dinos roamed the earth I almost bought one(haha)Öluckily the water tank I ended up with showed up on eBay that week

There are lots of variables to measure improvement too many actually.

It would be interesting to measure the water pressure coming out of the pump water feed for the cooling system and likely not to difficult or intrusive to measure it either

If Iím wfo on anything other then glass smooth water Iím more concerned with the ride then my actual speed

65 is plenty fast for me on the water

Disclaimer: I have driven an open wheel Indy racecar on the lasVegas speedway at 157mph so itís not the speed Iím afraid of, itís a risk/reward deal

The solas prop is a little polished jewel with a knife sharp leading edge and itís price competitive with a stock replacement prop seeing that Iíd be waiting a solid month for a return right now

Iím sending the stocker out for refurbish so my customer has a prop and ring ready to go for ďnext timeĒ as the price of refurbishing rose over the years my supply of cores has been exhausted

I still live by the mantra that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

And the cheapest way to get an extra 2mph is to lose that 30 pounds you put on during covid

21 px

Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    What ski are you running?

+1
    We need the greenhulk garage test results.

Whoever is saying this is a 2 mph gain from stock better back it up with some proof. Not cool just blabbing something out to make people buy it. Even 1 mph gain would be ok, going backwards is not acceptable.

Site Admin
    +1

Whoever is saying this is a 2 mph gain from stock better back it up with some proof. Not cool just blabbing something out to make people buy it. Even 1 mph gain would be ok, going backwards is not acceptable.
    We'll be having nonstop thunderstorms for the next few days. Im hoping to test the stock impeller vs 13/18 vs the new impeller by the end of the week.

7. +1 by:

+1

See post 21 and 31.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    This is where data from one of those pump mounted dynos could help rate the performance

Back when dinos roamed the earth I almost bought one(haha)…luckily the water tank I ended up with showed up on eBay that week

There are lots of variables to measure improvement too many actually.

It would be interesting to measure the water pressure coming out of the pump water feed for the cooling system and likely not to difficult or intrusive to measure it either

If I’m wfo on anything other then glass smooth water I’m more concerned with the ride then my actual speed

65 is plenty fast for me on the water

Disclaimer: I have driven an open wheel Indy racecar on the lasVegas speedway at 157mph so it’s not the speed I’m afraid of, it’s a risk/reward deal

The solas prop is a little polished jewel with a knife sharp leading edge and it’s price competitive with a stock replacement prop seeing that I’d be waiting a solid month for a return right now

I’m sending the stocker out for refurbish so my customer has a prop and ring ready to go for “next time” as the price of refurbishing rose over the years my supply of cores has been exhausted

I still live by the mantra that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

And the cheapest way to get an extra 2mph is to lose that 30 pounds you put on during covid
    Come on Uncle Pete...65 way to slow, feels very turn of the century.

I like your optimism...30lbs...try 60lbs for 2mph.

157...feels a bit weak for an Indy car, you sure you had the peddle on the right all the way depressed? My drive to work sounds more dangerous.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith7364 View Post
    21 px
    Have you tried running with your seat off? Seems that a lot of the 21s have heat/ venting issues.

if you remove your seat and you pick up some rpm and speed you know what area to start looking

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    Have you tried running with your seat off? Seems that a lot of the 21s have heat/ venting issues.

if you remove your seat and you pick up some rpm and speed you know what area to start looking
    He ran basically back to back same conditions and for close to the same RPM he went slower.

Taking the seat off isn't going to change that...not to mention that's so JP Racing.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information