+1

2021 GTX 170 left (port side) lean

Just wanted to see who else is having this same issue. Please post here if you can so we can try to get a resolution sorted.

the problem: 2021 gtx 170 16hrs. Has leaned to the left since purchase or maybe just after. Even floating in the water it leans over. It feels like a passenger is leaning to the left. Even when on plane it is biased to turning left and the rail drops down in the water much further then when turning right. The hull is bone dry. Not sure if this May be similar to the Yamaha issue where it gets water trapped between an inner and outer hull. Ski is still under warranty with zero other issues. Steering has been adjusted and is nice and straight. Tried the Riva sponsons and they greatly improved tracking but the port side lean will not go away. Acts like there is an extra 50+ pounds on the port side.

+1
    Just got my 2021 GTX 130 Pro today. I test ride around an hour with full tank on the sea with 0.3m wave and I didn't detect any left side lean. I also try standing at the rear platform and didn't feel it's leaning to the left. But the ski do feel it's skidding when hitting the wave going over 70 km/h. Will look into Riva sponson to hold the ski straight when going fast.
    Last edited by pierreye; 09-19-2021 at 06:53 AM.

+1
    The hulls are biased due to the location of the water box, perfectly normal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    The hulls are biased due to the location of the water box, perfectly normal.
    Mine is definitely not sitting normally. Takes about 50lbs on the starboard side to level it in flat water. While riding, between 10-15mph it turns to the right and will do a full circle in about. 100’ diameter all while leaning the the left. Faster than that and it tracks straight but leans. Even at 50+ it leans to the left.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Mine is definitely not sitting normally. Takes about 50lbs on the starboard side to level it in flat water. While riding, between 10-15mph it turns to the right and will do a full circle in about. 100’ diameter all while leaning the the left. Faster than that and it tracks straight but leans. Even at 50+ it leans to the left.
    Ya that's not right

+1
    Seadoo’s official response. Seems they think they have a “deep V” hull lol.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0A5EAE6-241B-435C-BC95-A7002C52C2A4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	479600  

+1
    Based on their explanation, only fix is to put some weight at the right rear of the GTX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
    Based on their explanation, only fix is to put some weight at the right rear of the GTX.

Exactly. And why is it that all other Seadoo’s without external intercooler s don’t have this problem. Seriously, a ski that can’t sit level in the water is “normal”??? What a joke. And no, the st3 hull is not a “deep V” hull it just has a relatively steep deadrise. Where the waterbox sits the hull is much flatter. They specifically say the do not recommend adding weight to the starboard side to compensate.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
    I suspect that Seadoo might consider the optimal fix is to buy a supercharged model which has the supercharger and intercooler weight to help balance the hull

Thread Information