Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any ever had a Fixzle intercooler fail?

Just want to know if any one had a fizzle x fail. I know things dont last forever like they were making it sound it is 4 yrs old. Used it 40hrs apx lakes and salt water . Are the fixable just wanting to know before i order another intercooler.

Sadly all aluminum intercoolers fail the same way regardless of runtime as they corrode from the water passages over time salt water exposure speeds this up greatly.

Thanks for the input

+1
    Add a water strainer and it will last a VERY LONG TIME.. The intercoolers with a strainer installed will last the life of the pwc or longer.

Salt water residue inside the water passages will still cause it to fail as it is raw aluminum and not anodized. The problem gets much worse when it is allowed to sit for months on end. No aluminum intercooler is designed to last the lifetime of a ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Add a water strainer and it will last a VERY LONG TIME.. The intercoolers with a strainer installed will last the life of the pwc or longer.

+1
    I had one fail on a 09 FZR. chased a hesitation issue for a year. pressure tested Fizzle, and was leaking. No real repair to the core as its to hard to get too.

Was out of warranty, Fizzle did give me a discount on a new one. It was blowing bubbles at 7 psi. so with water pressure up tto 75 it was leaking water in to the air side pretty good.

replaced intercooler and was best that ski ran. Bought my svho right after that, and swapped the new Fizzle into it, and the svho intercooler into the SHO to sell.

+1
    stock 300 IC is real nice for all but I'd say turbo applications. Seadoo has improved the alloys to be more tolerant of salt water wear and tear. I wish I could find the video where they talk about it. Don't know what fizzle alloys are in his coolers. But I had one I used for about 10hrs and it was always flushed, sat on my shelf for years went into another ski and failed. Fizzle took care of it far as I know though. He's a good dude to deal with.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    stock 300 IC is real nice for all but I'd say turbo applications. Seadoo has improved the alloys to be more tolerant of salt water wear and tear. I wish I could find the video where they talk about it. Don't know what fizzle alloys are in his coolers. But I had one I used for about 10hrs and it was always flushed, sat on my shelf for years went into another ski and failed. Fizzle took care of it far as I know though. He's a good dude to deal with.
    Thanks for the kind words!

Over the years I've noticed that the top 3 killers of an intercooler are:

Lack of flushing
    Sucking up debris
    Sitting for long periods

The failure rate is extremely low for us but it does happen. We do our best to help out if an issue does pop up.

Thanks for your support guys!

+1
    Anyone seen that Mota I think made in France? It has brass copper core.

Yes it's fine for 215 hp but nothing above that as brass is not as efficient as aluminum at cooling the air charge down that being said brass will last a much longer than aluminum.
    Quote Originally Posted by superjetpilot View Post
    Anyone seen that Mota I think made in France? It has brass copper core.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information