Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

99 sltx how hard are carbs to rebuild ?

I stil have the gray hose . Need to swap it out And clean out carbs . Somthing is intermittently stopping fuel . Sometimes she will rev to 5300 , other times , seems to only run on acc pump. U have to constantly pump throttle . I have never had mine apart , but I am mech inclined .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyg69 View Post
    I stil have the gray hose . Need to swap it out And clean out carbs . Somthing is intermittently stopping fuel . Sometimes she will rev to 5300 , other times , seems to only run on acc pump. U have to constantly pump throttle . I have never had mine apart , but I am mech inclined .
    no different than any other carb really. if you have rebuilt carbs before it will all be familiar. There are youtube vids to watch if needed. The only advise I have is that many of the phillips screws are easy to strip. Either buy the correct Japanese-spec phillips screwdrivers or engage your "mechanical empathy" (be the screw) to keep from stripping them. -R

So the 99 sltx all have Klein carbs ?or the same brand of carbs ?
    I got a Hayes online manual and they have 2 different carbs listed
    I think I just need to clean the filters . is there a way to do this on the ski ?
    or just take them off as a unit .

+1
    Maybe you can get to some stuff with the carbs on the ski, but it's a constant nightmare of dropping something in the hull. Even if you put rags down underneath where you are working. It's just flat out not work it IMO, to mess with the carbs in the hull. The only ski I can get away with it on is my Superjet, but that's because the engine bay on that thing has a ton of room compared to my other skis.

This is the best video I have found for our carbs. Maybe someone else has something better, but this covers the basics. Some things you will need to do, others you won't. Use your best judgement. If you have ever rebuilt a Walbro on your lawnmower or weedeater, you can rebuild a Keihin carb. Take the carbs off and do it right. It's not difficult at all. If you have the old fuel line, it's an excellent time to change all the lines, do a thorough cleaning of the carburetors, and earn yourself a little peace of mind. Change the oil lines while you're at it. Extra peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Pilot View Post
    This is the best video I have found for our carbs. Maybe someone else has something better, but this covers the basics. Some things you will need to do, others you won't. Use your best judgement. If you have ever rebuilt a Walbro on your lawnmower or weedeater, you can rebuild a Keihin carb. Take the carbs off and do it right. It's not difficult at all. If you have the old fuel line, it's an excellent time to change all the lines, do a thorough cleaning of the carburetors, and earn yourself a little peace of mind. Change the oil lines while you're at it. Extra peace of mind.

Thank you so much . Iím pretty sure I can handle it .built a lot of cars , just never messed with 2 strokes too much

Where’s the best place to get a carb kit ? I see some don’t come with certain parts like needle, acc pump diaphragm etc . It’s a triple carb , so I would like to get it all in 1 kit if poss .

This is the OEM kit. The price is atrocious though, at least in my opinion, and it says the fuel pump parts aren't included, so it will be even more expensive. Everyone here seems to like this vendor though.

https://www.watcon.com/keihin-carb-k...buretor&page=2

From my research, this is the best aftermarket alternative. I have used them and haven't had problems.

https://smile.amazon.com/your-orders...sin=B0741C31QC

Either way, you have to buy three.

Please let us know if you can find an accelerator pump rebuild kit. They don't appear to exist anymore. Watcon used to have them but the I don't see the kit on the site right now, but that could just be my mistake. That website really sucks and the search function turns up 10 irrelevant hits for every relevant one.
    Last edited by Viper Pilot; 09-16-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Got 3 kits , got the jis screwdrivers and a pop off gauge. Need to find out pop off pressure , and fig out where to buy the fuel line . Should I just go to parts store and get 1/4 fuel line ?

I used this for the oil line:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143986534324

This for the fuel:

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...0247&catid=579

Looks like they're out of stock on the fuel line. Any 1/4" tygon tubing should work. You'll need about ten feet to replace all of the fuel lines on the ski.

This should be fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25271279745...MAAOSwUKxYb-Ti

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information