Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    142 and 135 are wheels for the 300 charger so they won't fit a 215/230/255/260 unless you do a 300 charger conversion which involves having the PTO modified and flywheel replaced.
    I didn't notice they were meant for the 300. Good to know about that modification though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aperxp View Post
    If you want the 23 PSI wheel this one looks good https://activejetsport.com/product/s...-supercharger/

They posted on FB that the 135 drop in version is coming by end of month. Good to have some competition to bring pricing down a bit.
    The 135 version has dropped. Has anyone used anything from Active Jet Sport? Any issues? At that price the cam and supercharger wheel are very attractive.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildjon3006 View Post
    The 135 version has dropped. Has anyone used anything from Active Jet Sport? Any issues? At that price the cam and supercharger wheel are very attractive.

I run that cam, last month saw 86 on cluster 84 on garmin on my '12 PX with ET135 charger.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Yes the drop in wheel and spacer setup will be ready in a couple weeks. 142 wheel is another couple weeks behind that. 260 wheels will be ready over the winter.
    Will the 135 wheel require upgraded injectors? Fuel pump or regulator?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith7364 View Post
    All 3 plus flywheel bolts, springs and retainers

+1
    You need VT1100 injectors and retainers. Fuel pump is not required, regulator only if yours is weak and you can't control afr up top, it's not a common issue on a recent model.

If you will spin 8600+ it's a good idea to get springs. If your ski is pre 2017, I think that's when they switched to 12.9, you'll need flywheel bolts

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    You need VT1100 injectors and retainers. Fuel pump is not required, regulator only if yours is weak and you can't control afr up top, it's not a common issue on a recent model.

If you will spin 8600+ it's a good idea to get springs. If your ski is pre 2017, I think that's when they switched to 12.9, you'll need flywheel bolts
    Total speculation and based on 200 plus hours of me and another buddy with similar setups, but just retainers are fine in that 8600 realm. I think if I as pushing 9k I would do them. I try to stay about 8800ish or lower just to keep the general wear and tear down. If you have the newer fly wheel bolts those are fine as well. I know of the several friends running bigger chargers and cams have all been fine. I also have friend that recently broke the ARP bolts, he was running in the 9400 realm and not that many hours.

I go back to riding style and throttle management will make your engine last longer if your not a nut bag. There is a reason seadoo de-tunes the crap out of these things which is also the same reason we can go nuts...but the margin of error gets way less spining close to 9k vs 8k.

I run a bigger pump, regulator and one of those square pressure gauges. A lot of the problems i chased around tuning on turbo skis came back to fuel system issues. Pump, regulator, clogged filter etc...having fuel gauge on a big hp setup is a must IMO. That and an AFR gauge will let you head off any looming issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Total speculation and based on 200 plus hours of me and another buddy with similar setups, but just retainers are fine in that 8600 realm. I think if I as pushing 9k I would do them. I try to stay about 8800ish or lower just to keep the general wear and tear down. If you have the newer fly wheel bolts those are fine as well. I know of the several friends running bigger chargers and cams have all been fine. I also have friend that recently broke the ARP bolts, he was running in the 9400 realm and not that many hours.

I go back to riding style and throttle management will make your engine last longer if your not a nut bag. There is a reason seadoo de-tunes the crap out of these things which is also the same reason we can go nuts...but the margin of error gets way less spining close to 9k vs 8k.

I run a bigger pump, regulator and one of those square pressure gauges. A lot of the problems i chased around tuning on turbo skis came back to fuel system issues. Pump, regulator, clogged filter etc...having fuel gauge on a big hp setup is a must IMO. That and an AFR gauge will let you head off any looming issues.
    I have the retainers and getting ready to put them in. It is just a peace of mind for me at this point for when the ski comes unhooked. I was just curious about the wheel. I am seeing about 83-8400 already and just trying to get the impeller dialed in. My last ski the GTX 300 limited I had done the springs and retainers as well as the 135 wheel and VT1100 and to be honest. I saw no difference really and I came accross some manufacturing/warranty issues (oil in the coolant, crack next to the pump tunnel) so this one I don't think I want to add the wheel yet.

+1
    I have the retainers and getting ready to put them in. It is just a peace of mind for me at this point for when the ski comes unhooked. I was just curious about the wheel. I am seeing about 83-8400 already and just trying to get the impeller dialed in. My last ski the GTX 300 limited I had done the springs and retainers as well as the 135 wheel and VT1100 and to be honest. I saw no difference really and I came accross some manufacturing/warranty issues (oil in the coolant, crack next to the pump tunnel) so this one I don't think I want to add the wheel yet.

So one of the issues with me adding anything other than a JP racing tune...was the inability to really tune the ski myself. It looks like HP tuners has opened up SeaDoo tuning... https://www.hptuners.com/product/obd...er-cable-brp/#

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildjon3006 View Post
    So one of the issues with me adding anything other than a JP racing tune...was the inability to really tune the ski myself. It looks like HP tuners has opened up SeaDoo tuning... https://www.hptuners.com/product/obd...er-cable-brp/#
    I was curious and contacted them couple months ago to check what their tuning software looked like and what it allows to edit. Unfortunately you need the actual hardware hooked up to your PC to open the software so I wasn't able to see anything. They sent me some screen shots but it was just some generic stuff and I learned nothing.

Maptun needs a massive update to the map editor software, working with it feels like something from 20 years ago.

I like tuning and tinkering so I'm seriously considering motec for my '22 PX if they can get all the stock functionality working and the multi tune controlled by handle bar buttons. Build in afr display on dash would be nice as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information