ultra lx vs fishpro

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to buy my first fishing PWC. I'm thinking between fishpro 2018-2020(non-IDF) vs ultra lx 2019-2020 (or something under 18k AUD including esky, holders, fishfinder etc.). Anyone got a chance to compare and sit on both fishpro&ultra? The key points for me are: reliability, stability at rest, handling swell and comfortable fishing. Around 80% of my fishing is around Moreton Bay, 15% deep blue, 5% rivers etc.

I'll be appreciate for any feedback as after my research I'm a bit confused which would fit me better(A Yamaha is a little bit overpriced for my budget).

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by barty View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm planning to buy my first fishing PWC. I'm thinking between fishpro 2018-2020(non-IDF) vs ultra lx 2019-2020 (or something under 18k AUD including esky, holders, fishfinder etc.). Anyone got a chance to compare and sit on both fishpro&ultra? The key points for me are: reliability, stability at rest, handling swell and comfortable fishing. Around 80% of my fishing is around Moreton Bay, 15% deep blue, 5% rivers etc.

I'll be appreciate for any feedback as after my research I'm a bit confused which would fit me better(A Yamaha is a little bit overpriced for my budget).

Cheers!
    I assume the foshpro is more comfortable and stable. But the ultra lx is very reliable and still very stable and handles anything kind of water. Also would be less money. But the fish pro will have way more room for fishing for sure.
    I love my ultra lx. But I donít fish.

+1
    Have to agree with Mike here. My 310 is the same Ultra hull of course, and if you want stability at rest so you can move around etc the Fishpro would have to be better, due to its flatter hull profile. But that is the same reason it is not as good at handling swell. So I think the choice comes down to where you need that compromise to be.

If low speed and rest stability is the prime concern, the Fishpro wins. If it is handling the wind, swell and ocean chop, the Ultra is the ticket. If it is kinda 50/50 I would lean towards the Ultra simply because having a bad day with it rocking a little as you fish, is better than a bad day with a Fishpro in windy swell that came up unexpectedly for your trip home.

4. +1 by:

Many thanks astrofizix and Mike! You can't imagine how useful information you gave me!

Thread Information