+1

Kawasaki to Increase Production Capacity to Meet Growing Demand

Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) announced that construction will begin on a new production facility in Mexico. As a subsidiary company Kawasaki Motores de Mexico S.A de C.V. This new production facility will be added to the current Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing (KMM) corporation. This new facility will help enhance production capabilities of the Lincoln, Nebraska manufacturing facility.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 09-13-2021 at 08:35 AM.

+1
    I don't see the Mexico plant as good news really. Expanding the USA operations definitely is good news however.

The only reason to go to Mexico is to save money on labour, and we all know it. Usually, those savings are used to increase returns for shareholders more than they are passed on to the consumer. And saving labour costs almost always leads to a quality degradation, albeit in varying degrees.

The carefully worded document from Kawasaki certainly makes it appear as though JetSkis will continue to be produced in the USA, but I would not be surprised to see more and more of the process and parts pushed to the Mexico factory, again to continue the insatiable need for greed and the ever greater demand for financial returns from shareholders. And there will likely be a longer term trend to reduce the workforce in the expanded USA plants over time, once everyone is accustomed to the Mexico plant's production.

Still, there are worse places they could have sent their manufacturing plant, so I suppose credit where credit is due.

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofizix View Post
    I don't see the Mexico plant as good news really. Expanding the USA operations definitely is good news however.

The only reason to go to Mexico is to save money on labour, and we all know it. Usually, those savings are used to increase returns for shareholders more than they are passed on to the consumer. And saving labour costs almost always leads to a quality degradation, albeit in varying degrees.

The carefully worded document from Kawasaki certainly makes it appear as though JetSkis will continue to be produced in the USA, but I would not be surprised to see more and more of the process and parts pushed to the Mexico factory, again to continue the insatiable need for greed and the ever greater demand for financial returns from shareholders. And there will likely be a longer term trend to reduce the workforce in the expanded USA plants over time, once everyone is accustomed to the Mexico plant's production.

Still, there are worse places they could have sent their manufacturing plant, so I suppose credit where credit is due.

It's all about business. Hope your prediction for degraded quality will not happen.

Thread Information